Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Probably a stupid question but is the POE the visa?

Options
  • 21-05-2014 2:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

I've gotten my POE but I've seen a few people talking about getting the visa and I'm wondering if its something separate that I'm missing.

Again I'm sure this is a stupid question so sorry!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Delira

Nope

The POE is the letter you show to the immigration officer at the airport in Canada who then prints out your visa and puts it in your passport.

I think people sometimes are using the terms interchangeably which is probably what confused you. No one actually gets the visa til they arrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭jesus smith

Right that makes so much sense, I thought thats how it worked but then I saw someone say that you get your work permit when you arrive and that that is different to the visa, thanks a million!

Advertisement