Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Start Up Business - Local Advertiser Magazine

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 388 ✭✭Atomico

pedronomix wrote: »
    The real problem arises when the idea itself is daft, it is destined to get negative feedback. The theory may be fine but some home produced content free-sheet by a non-journalist with a focus on ads is so perversely naive as to attract the well intentioned ridicule... DONT DO IT!!

This forum has been sliding rapidly in terms of so-called "entrepreneurial" ideas of late... 'tis no wonder the better posters/advisors are gone south!!

Like the OP says, if there are others doing it and clearly making money out of it then there is a market for it - that's basic enough stuff really.

As I said before don't believe the hype - print media may have declined but it is hundreds of years old and most definitely not on the way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Mondo14 wrote: »
    Il know not to take your advice anyway. Just got the first issue out. i know I will have a july, august and september issue out from the block advertising ive got already so its looking good. If you really think the idea is "daft" then why are so many doing it?

Just because things dont work out for in your life doesnt mean others will be the same. Go back to sleep lol
    Fair play to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Il know not to take your advice anyway. Just got the first issue out. i know I will have a july, august and september issue out from the block advertising ive got already so its looking good.

Congrats on getting that issue out and getting some advertisers on board for a few editions fingers crossed it goes well looks like a great start!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

Il know not to take your advice anyway. Just got the first issue out. i know I will have a july, august and september issue out from the block advertising ive got already so its looking good. If you really think the idea is "daft" then why are so many doing it?

Just because things dont work out for in your life doesnt mean others will be the same. Go back to sleep lol

Please do post back to let us know how you get on, first week in February 2015 should be a fine test. more than happy to eat my hat!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Three weeks from the idea to the finished product? Sorry, I'm smelling a rat.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Three weeks from the idea to the finished product? Sorry, I'm smelling a rat.......

Nah, it could be done in 3 weeks, just look at the quality of the OP's language, grammar and punctuation!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Mondo14

3 weeks? This idea started for me last year and since then i have been doing my homework.. if you think all the market research I done was posting here then your very much mistaken. If it was that easy sure we all would be millionaires lol

Graham wrote: »
    Congrats for getting the first issue out, hopefully enough of the 2000 readers will convert for your advertisers that they'd like to continue advertising. That will be the real test.

Thank you.. baby steps first i think lol

pedronomix wrote: »
    Please do post back to let us know how you get on, first week in February 2015 should be a fine

test. more than happy to eat my hat!

Only time will tell but heres hoping youl enjoy the taste of that hat lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Maybe he could stick up a copy of the front page of the first edition for us to get a gander.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Any update on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Any update on this?

I believe Denis O'Brien has bought him out....... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

Better get my hat so!!

Advertisement