Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reported malware link

Options
  • 21-05-2014 6:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90480718&postcount=95
    Probably nothing, but Chrome gave me a malware warning when opening page 1 of the YLYL thread in CVPL. Link here
    Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on www.boards.ie.
    Content from cdn.memegenerator.net, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.
    Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial loss, and permanent file deletion. Learn more

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Ye I'm getting the same error from post of the day which I assume is from the YLYL

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

I am getting a malware warning when I try and open the thread 'half-baked Republican fruit cakes' in A&A.

The issue seems to be content from godlikeproductions.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

THB8el2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Boards.ie: Alvis

Thanks for reporting this guys, Google has declare memegenerator to be unsafe, so any images in threads which are hosted from memegenerator prevent the page from loading.

We're now in the process of editing posts and snipping out the memegenerator images so you can read those threads again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Like many of the Google malware alerts, this will probably turn out to be a short term issue, and likely a false positive. Is it possible to have cdn.memegenerator.com added to the swear list? Would this be retroactive?

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    I am getting a malware warning when I try and open the thread 'half-baked Republican fruit cakes' in A&A.

The issue seems to be content from godlikeproductions.com.
    Do you have a link to the thread? It is more than likely a memegenerator image - see above.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Spear wrote: »
    Like many of the Google malware alerts, this will probably turn out to be a short term issue, and likely a false positive. Is it possible to have cdn.memegenerator.com added to the swear list? Would this be retroactive?
    It has been added to the swear filter but is not retroactive unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Do you have a link to the thread? It is more than likely a memegenerator image - see above.

Hi Niamh.

Went to get a link there and got unto the thread with no warning.
    It was http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=90465645#post90465645

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement