Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malware warning.

Options
  • 21-05-2014 7:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, didnt know where else to post this.

When I click on todays post of the day a malware warning appears, Im using the 40 posts per page setting.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There should be a domain name in the malware warning, that's what will help the devs/admins most.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

it could be an ad that is being identified as linking to a known or reported malware site (if you are using Norton internet security for example), or it could be an attachment in someone's post...just looked at the potd and its in a thread with all attached / linked imagery.

as Spear says, the domain name would be needed or at the least the AV software that's doing the reporting so we can check their AV signatures ourselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Balls, it was appearing on my laptop and I'm currently sitting on the luas. I will check when I get home this evening if it's still there but there didn't seem to be anything of note in the warning, just the stock standard Chrome warning flag.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

From the warning
    Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on www.boards.ie.

Content from cdn.memegenerator.net, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.

Google's diagnostic page of the malware link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

I'd imagine it's an image someone's posted into that thread, I'll take a look for it now. Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: Yea, was just an image someone posted, so no harm done. I've deleted the post anyway to avoid further warnings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Got another one http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057197040&page=3

It's the stickied By-Election thread in the Dublin 15 forum. Somewhere between post 81 and 120

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Got another one http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057197040&page=3

It's the stickied By-Election thread in the Dublin 15 forum. Somewhere between post 81 and 120
    Got it, thanks.

Advertisement