Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 month old not sleeping

Options
  • 21-05-2014 8:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hello - apologies if this has been done to death but here goes...
    Our 12 month old has for the past 2-3 weeks gone from sleeping through the night to waking and bawling 3-4 times per night. Whilst he is teething he doesnt have any coming through right now and is great form before he goes to bed. Anyone have any explanations? he goes back to sleep when soothed or dummy being out back in. Just curious as to why the change.

Any suggestions greatly received if i can read them before nodding off !! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Glow in the dark soothers?

Nurofen for the pain given while he's sleeping at 11/ whenever you go to bed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Have the same thing with a 15 month old, no clue.

Lazy git, wants me to get his teddy, it's right beside him!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Our 12 month old is broken again too. She's been sleeping through for about 6 weeks and last night it was as bad as ever. Eventually we gave her nurofen but it's hard to know if it's teething pain as she doesn't seem upset. However she went back to sleep after having some so maybe it is.

Also my son went through phases of this too and I think it's also developmental. My 1 year old is currently trying to climb up on chairs and tables so she's obviously learning a lot and her brain needs to process this stuff at night time. I'm really hoping it settles down soon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

If you've ruled out everything else, most likely a phase. My fella is 21 months and still goes through these little phases of crazy night activities for a couple weeks and then goes back to sleeping like a log for a several weeks.

It has to be developmental, we don't change anything.

Some phases he wakes up screaming crying, wanting the dodie and just generally going beserk.

Other phases he wakes up and has an hour long chat with one of his teddies and we just leave him to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

My 13 month old went though this for about a month around his first birthday. He was waking several times a night and it nearly broke me. I was like a zombie in work. I definitely think it's developmental as really there was nothing wrong with him. He's kind of got better now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 HenrikL

Thanks for all your replies. Just been baffled as he in great form before bed. Was thinking developmental. Really appreciate all the help

Advertisement