Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charged Twice For One Transaction

Options
  • 21-05-2014 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I bought petrol at a filling station yesterday, and paid with my Visa Debit. When I put the card in the first time, something happened to the card machine in the shop, and the receipt didn't print off. So, the till operator told me that he would void the sale, and I would need to insert my card a second time to pay. This I did. 

I notice on my 365 account that I have been charged twice for the same amount. I spoke with the manager of the shop, and she told me that this was the fault of the bank, and that the money would be refunded in less than 24 hours. It has been over the 24hrs at this stage, and the double charge is still there.

Can you check this out for me please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi gerrybbadd,

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.

If one of the transactions was cancelled by the retailer after we had authorised it, it can take up to 5 working days to  be removed from your account.  

If there are still two payments showing on your account after this time, you have a couple of different options available.

You can contact the retailer directly to ask them to arrange a refund for the duplicate amount.

Alternatively, you can complete a Visa Debit Dispute form at the following link and return the completed form to the address at the end of the form:

http://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/fs/doc/wysiwyg/4-1015r-visa-debit-transaction-dispute-form.pdf

If you need any further assistance with this matter, please let us know.

Thanks

Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Hi gerrybbadd,

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.

If one of the transactions was cancelled by the retailer after we had authorised it, it can take up to 5 working days to  be removed from your account.  

If there are still two payments showing on your account after this time, you have a couple of different options available.

You can contact the retailer directly to ask them to arrange a refund for the duplicate amount.

Alternatively, you can complete a Visa Debit Dispute form at the following link and return the completed form to the address at the end of the form:

http://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/fs/doc/wysiwyg/4-1015r-visa-debit-transaction-dispute-form.pdf

If you need any further assistance with this matter, please let us know.

Thanks

Nicola
    Cool Nicola, thanks for the quick response:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

You are very welcome gerrybbadd.

Get in touch if you need anything else.

Thanks

Nicola 

Advertisement