Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Club Transfer needed?? Kildare

• 21-05-2014 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm looking to play football this year but wish to play for a different club than before. I haven't played football since 2007-08 with my old club, does anyone know if I still need a transfer? I was hoping Kildare bye laws said, that I don't. If it makes any difference, last level I played was junior

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

brady23 wrote: »
    Hi I'm looking to play football this year but wish to play for a different club than before. I haven't played football since 2007-08 with my old club, does anyone know if I still need a transfer? I was hoping Kildare bye laws said, that I don't. If it makes any difference, last level I played was junior

You still need a transfer. If it's from a club in a different county, you can apply at any time.
    If the transfer is within the county, it will depend on county bye-laws but I doubt it can happen at this time of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

You still need a transfer. If it's from a club in a different county, you can apply at any time.
    If the transfer is within the county, it will depend on county bye-laws but I doubt it can happen at this time of the year.

The length of time without playing or registering doesn't matter??
    Thanks

The club no longer has a senior team only underage??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

I think the best thing you can do is to contact the club secretary of the club you wish to play for and ask them to take up your case with the County Board and your last club.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 wellpastit

Just waiting for the ring Seanie post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Browning

The transfer deadline within Kildare is the 1st of March. So you have to wait until the new year before you can apply again for 2015.

Browning wrote: »
    The transfer deadline within Kildare is the 1st of March. So you have to wait until the new year before you can apply again for 2015.

But my club doesn't have a team, hardly fair not to let me play for another then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭celt262

But my club doesn't have a team, hardly fair not to let me play for another then?

Contact the county secretary its the only way you will know for sure.

What club in Kildare has an underage set up but no longer has an adult team? I'm struggling to think of one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Kildangan or Athgarvan?

• Advertisement

Kildangan or Athgarvan?

Yeah played for Athgarvan, gonna find out tonight if a "transfer" is possible. I would have assumed that considering there is no team, I can join whoever I want at any point in the season?

Yeah played for Athgarvan, gonna find out tonight if a "transfer" is possible. I would have assumed that considering there is no team, I can join whoever I want at any point in the season?
    I don't know, it's an unusual case.
    Surprised to hear that about Athgarvan - what's the long term plan? Are they intending to build up with a juvenile structure and field adult teams again in the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

I don't know, it's an unusual case.
    Surprised to hear that about Athgarvan - what's the long term plan? Are they intending to build up with a juvenile structure and field adult teams again in the future?

I can't speak for Athgarvan here but I know from my own club that a lot of underage players in our village are ending up playing with Naas. I'm only speculating here but I would say Athgarvan might be losing out to Sarsfields, Moorefield and to a lesser extent Kilcullen.

There is no parish rule in Kildare which can be a hindrance sometimes.

Times are tough for the small rural GAA club at the moment but Two Mile House have shown what can be achieved.

Advertisement