Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's it like to live in Camac View, Kilmainham?

Options
  • 21-05-2014 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi there,

I am looking at buying an apartment in Camac View in Kilmainham - anybody got any experiences good or bad?

Cheers

Ed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

No parking and management fees of €1500 per annum. Seems quite expensive for what you're getting.

Why not consider this just a short distance away? Comes with communal parking and management fees of only €900. It's also €80k cheaper!

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/43-harcourt-lodge-southern-cross-avenue-inchicore-dublin-8/2751182

• Registered Users Posts: 6 edennehy

Thanks Peig. Yes we looked at it but we are not fond of the area. Also I don't drive and commute early in the morn from Heuston so the closer the better.

This one? It's on the road to Heuston Station and it's a lot cheaper!

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/24-floraville-sarsfield-road-inchicore-dublin-8/2790633

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

Wasn't there a big flood there in Oct 2011?

moxin wrote: »
    Wasn't there a big flood there in Oct 2011?

Not sure about that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 lilow

Yes they were flooded in oct2011, quite badly, all the residents were evacuated. Used to live in Camac Way, just a bit farther in the lane

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 433 ✭✭lolosaur

Peig, you dont know that area very well at all do you?

Camac is grand but depending on the apt, i would imagine getting insurance may prove difficult.

Commute is brilliant. hsq short way by.

Great starter location serviced by every bus going down conyingham road and the luas. IRMA beside you. couple of nice bars around and james when your sick and pats when your mental.

You might get a strong smell from Guinness factory now and again and id say rats/mice could be an issue so close to camac river. just check that out if you are unsure.

lolosaur wrote: »
    Peig, you dont know that area very well at all do you?

Camac is grand but depending on the apt, i would imagine getting insurance may prove difficult.

Commute is brilliant. hsq short way by.

Great starter location serviced by every bus going down conyingham road and the luas. IRMA beside you. couple of nice bars around and james when your sick and pats when your mental.

You might get a strong smell from Guinness factory now and again and id say rats/mice could be an issue so close to camac river. just check that out if you are unsure.

I know the area quite well as I live just past the Hilton Hotel! Pardon me for not knowing every apartment complex that was flooded three years ago :rolleyes:

The OP asked for our opinions and I was merely pointing out the lack of parking and other cheaper options in the area. My apologies!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 433 ✭✭lolosaur

I know the area quite well as I live just past the Hilton Hotel! Pardon me for not knowing every apartment complex that was flooded three years ago :rolleyes:

The OP asked for our opinions and I was merely pointing out the lack of parking and other cheaper options in the area. My apologies!

Didnt mean that in a condescending way.

i was more talking about the 1st apt block you put up, you have to go through ground zero to get to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 edennehy

Thanks Folks - really appreciated the feedback.

Advertisement