Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Sinner

Options
  • 21-05-2014 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

Haven't seen anyone mention this yet, but for those that like their rock served with a side of blues, they're playing the Workmans Club tonight and seem to be well-regarded by the likes of Classic Rock magazine. This is the current single, I believe:

Anyone else heading in tonight?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Well, that explains the lack of response! One of the most poorly attended gigs I've been to in ages, hardly surprising given that I saw absolutely no promotion of it in any shape or form. Considering it was an MCD gig, it was a disgrace.

As for the gig itself, well, the band themselves were very game. They have a great vocalist in the (in no way unattractive) shape of Colleen Rennison, a fiery guitarist in Eric Campbell (the guy defines "wiry") and a solid rhythm section despite the bass player being a new addition in the last month or so. They played pretty much all of their first album Boo Hoo Hoo along with a couple of decent covers (AC/DC's Ride On and Van the man's And It Stoned Me, a bit shambolic but obviously done as a local crowd pleaser, which it did).

In short, a decent blues rock band that deserved a bigger crowd, which they should find by their next appearnce here. I was left cursing the promoter, and myself for not bringing the spare battery for my camera!!

Advertisement