Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Package - won't replace it?

Options
  • 21-05-2014 11:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭

I made a claim on my phone insurance with ulster banks ufirst account. I paid the excess and the phone is to be delivered within 48 hours. That was on May 9th. On May 10th I got the tracking number for DPD. That night it updated at being in Birmingham on the way to Dublin.

And that was the last time it updated. I've made a claim before and it usually goes from Birmingham and arrives in Dublin the next day and out for delivery he same day, but none of those have happened this time.

I've called DPD so many times and each time I am told that it is not lost and will be delivered tomorrow, but it never does come. The customer service are very rude and appear to have no more information other than what I can see when I track it myself.

I've contacted the insurance company who were quite helpful. Initially they were getting more information from DPD than me but now they are being told the same thing of it will be delivered tomorrow and they are refusing to have a replacement phone sent out until DPD confirm that's it is 100% lost, even though I'm supposed to have it within 48 hours.

What can I do here other than wait. I'm going on vacation next week and really need my phone...

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

DPD need to confirm if the item is lost or not, its as simple as that. You can try chasing them on this but really its the senders job to do all this leg work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Contact the Insurance company again and ask them at what stage will they accept the phone is not going to be delivered and has been lost by their couriers. Tell them you want the call to be accepted as a formal complaint and that you are considering taking the matter to the Small Claims Court if they don't provide you with the replacement phone they promised you.

Don't have any further contact with DPD as you have no contract with them and they have no obligation to do anything for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It is the insurance companies responsibility to deal with the courier, not yours. Put the pressure on the insurance company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

So DPD are still refusing to accept that the phone is lost, but the insurance company agreed to send another phone to me, they even suggested that as an apology they would refund my excess payment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Suggest they use a different courier!

• Advertisement

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Suggest they use a different courier!

That would be a good idea... Would you believe that DPD have only gone and lost my second replacement phone :O

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Very unusual for DPD from my experience, they are a pretty good carrier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I find this most peculiar as DPD are a good courier. I have used them to send and receive several items every year without a single problem. It seems very odd that 2 items from the same supplier to the same receiver have gone missing. The odds are phenomenal.

I know... I've never had a problem with them before either, for some reason I feel like my insurance company is doing something wrong.

The also both went missing at the same point according to the online tracking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Kelly06

Sounds like somebody has light fingers in the sorting office in Birmingham!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Very odd indeed! How did the insurance company respond to the second lost phone?

Advertisement