Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S3 Screen Flicker to Phone Freezing

Options
  • 21-05-2014 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

Vodafone customer with a dodgy Samsung Galaxy S3. Over the last 4-6 weeks, the phone has gone from being usable to being a brick.
    Phone will be working away but as soon as I open any app the screen starts to flicker, followed soon after by the 3G/wifi signal dropping and eventually the screen freezing. The only way to resolve the screen freeze issue is to remove the battery for a second then plug the charger in and restart.
    Any ideas on fixing this problem so I can continue to use the apps without the phone freezing?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 marybridge

Mine is getting really hot when I'm using apps or charging my phone like I'm terrified its gonna blow up does that happen yours?? mine is freezing also.

Online vodafone advised me to go to Vodafone shop for advise

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tombo987

Yea it can get hot at times as well but so far no explosions.
    Vodafone absolutely no use to me, I have a small crack on the screen which they have insisted on fixing first before tackling any software issues, which will cost me around €140 even though the touchscreen works fine.
    Unless someone can help out here I'm up sh*t creak!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 marybridge

I dont know where ur at but in dublin there are shops that sell cheaper phones or second hand techie stuff and fix screens for around 60 euro if thats any good to ya might have something similar in ur area but my screen gets so hot its scaring me need to get it checked thanks for ur help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭steve_r

Having the same issue.

If I'm not plugged in, I get the screen flicker, signal drop and crash. Battery at 1% when restrated.

I think its a battery issue as it's fine when on the mains.

If I turn down brightness, turn on power saving and use it sparingly when not plugged in I can avoid a crash

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

steve_r wrote: »
    Having the same issue.

If I'm not plugged in, I get the screen flicker, signal drop and crash. Battery at 1% when restrated.

I think its a battery issue as it's fine when on the mains.

If I turn down brightness, turn on power saving and use it sparingly when not plugged in I can avoid a crash

Exactly same issue i have. did a new battery fix it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭steve_r

sealgaire wrote: »

New phone did :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

sealgaire wrote: »

Updated or new firmware might fix the issue.
    big problem with the S3 on stock firmware.

Advertisement