Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FoneMenders gone bust

Options
  • 21-05-2014 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi, do anyone have any info on fonemenders on patricks quay, they have ceased trading since last friday, i got a call to collect a phone i have there by appointment but there phone numbers are not ringing except the Dublin number but nobody answers it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

geoff35 wrote: »
    Hi, do anyone have any info on fonemenders on patricks quay, they have ceased trading since last friday, i got a call to collect a phone i have there by appointment but there phone numbers are not ringing except the Dublin number but nobody answers it.

Wow that sucks. Hope they haven't held onto too many phones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 433 ✭✭lolosaur

Their sign always Pis*ed me off. "We mend phones. Naturally" .

Well you can replace it with "We are Broke. Naturally" now.

Twunts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭skelligs

lolosaur wrote: »
    Their sign always Pis*ed me off. "We mend phones. Naturally" .

Well you can replace it with "We are Broke. Naturally" now.

Twunts.

I hope if you ever lose your job, that people won't gloat the way you do!

If i lose my job, ill find another one. Im not retarded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

You don't have to be retarded not to get another job. I've been long-term unemployed for two years now. And I am most certainly NOT a retard...

Comments like the above (complete with grammatical errors) tend to make me think 'Hmmmm'...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

I've yet to read a positive contribution from lolosaur. His/her posts are best ignored.

So you can only post positive things on Boards?

I cant speak negatively about anything?

Great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

You could always get work looking after people with mental disability.

You don't have to be retarded not to get another job. I've been long-term unemployed for two years now. And I am most certainly NOT a retard...

Comments like the above (complete with grammatical errors) tend to make me think 'Hmmmm'...

what line of work are you in?

Have you retrained?

when was the last time you went for an interview?

What is hindering you from getting a job.
    after 2 years, why havent you emmigrated to look for work instead of feeding off other peoples hard earned and taxation.

Are certain jobs beneath you? 2 years is a long time. you could conceivably have gone back to college and qualified in another profession in that time if you wanted.

Who do you blame for being out of work? is it the government? the lack of jobs? the water charges maybe? Fianna fail? its always that showers fault? maybe you have kids at home and finding the right job for you just has been difficult? its probably too hard to make ends meet without a job that finding a job has become so difficult :( Cancer perhaps? elderly relative needs 24 hour care? amputation? have you had an accident in work?

I shall look forward to your reply. or andip banning me for the day as usual for asking the hard questions. Andip works hard though.he has a job.

You could always get work looking after people with mental disability.

And why wouldnt i. they are crying out for agency staff to cover at the moment. its not the best paid in the world and it is tough work but its work and its out there and available.

No problem doing it and have the utmost respect for those that do. very hard to look after someone who is sat eating a dinner one minute and then throwing s**t at you the next.

• Advertisement

Im not retarded.
    We can only take your word on this.
    So you can only post positive things on Boards?

I cant speak negatively about anything?

Great.
    I didn't imply that. Your apparent difficulties with very basic comprehension would suggest that your former statement might not be true.

Lemag wrote: »
    We can only take your word on this.
    I didn't imply that. Your apparent difficulties with very basic comprehension would suggest that your former statement might not be true.

I find people who waste their time on an internet forum talking about grammer and comprehension to be the most useless human beings in existance.

I find people who waste their time on an internet forum talking about grammer and comprehension to be the most useless human beings in existance.
    I couldn't give two sh1ts about your findings. What I do care about though is that your contributions to this Cork City forum make it much less desirable place for me to visit. I doubt that I'm alone in feeling this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Existence ;)

EDIT: Not forgetting grammar

I couldn't give two sh1ts about your findings. What I do care about though is that your contributions to this Cork City forum make it much less desirable place for me to visit. I doubt that I'm alone in feeling this.

you got your knickers in a twist because i mentioned lorraine kingston and the nature with which the council and the government do business.

People who are offended so easily and harbour grudges toward people on the interweb really shouldnt be allowed to have logins to the web.

you got your knickers in a twist because i mentioned lorraine kingston and the nature with which the council and the government do business.
    Actually, it's the aggregation of your poor contributions with have irked me.

Actually, it's the aggregation of your poor contributions with have irked me.

Well i shall stick to more fulfilling topics then from now on such as:

What time does the dole office open
    Best stapler in cork city?
    what bar sells beer?
    Diesel on on North main street closing down?
    Best Bar on Patrick street?
    how often do you love cork?
    Can I get broadband to my treehouse in passage?
    best place to park in Paul street car park?
    NAMA acquires paper boy on opera lane.
    Any one listening to predeville? I cant stand him.
    Road works in rochestown. how dare they.

All the fantastic threads of cork bundled into one fantastically enjoyable thread.
    If you dont like any of my posts, why are you posting in my threads.

Your like the internet version of a god botherer.

If you dont like any of my posts, why are you posting in my threads.

Your like the internet version of a god botherer.
    I've only once posted in one of "your threads".

You're like the internet version of an ignorant idiot. Anyhow, this thread has been dragged way of topic and I'm done arguing.

I've only once posted in one of "your threads".

You're like the internet version of an ignorant idiot. Anyhow, this thread has been dragged way of topic and I'm done arguing.

Take your ball and run along home.

Theres a good lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Ok I'm closing this as it's just descending into personal jibes back and forth. Hasn't actually got anything to do with the OT of the thread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement