Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entry on WHV

Options
  • 21-05-2014 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

hi,

I'm looking to move over to Sydney at the end of October on a WHV. First however, I plan on spending a month with family in Auckland.

If I fly into Auckland (via Sydney) at the end of Sept my WHV wont yet be activated right? (I wont be going through immigration).

Can I enter Australia on a WHV (applied for and obtained in ireland) from New Zealand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

hi,

I'm looking to move over to Sydney at the end of October on a WHV. First however, I plan on spending a month with family in Auckland.

If I fly into Auckland (via Sydney) at the end of Sept my WHV wont yet be activated right? (I wont be going through immigration).

Can I enter Australia on a WHV (applied for and obtained in ireland) from New Zealand?

So long as you don't go through immigration in Sydney, it shouldn't be activated.

What's your stopover time? I ask because Sydney airport is going through renovations at the moment and because of curfew, I've heard that they are moving overnight transit passengers to a spot which is past immigration so that may force you to activate your WHV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

I havn't booked the tickets yet as it's still 4 months until I leave so I couldn't tell you about any stop over times

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭NZ_2014

If you didn`t want to chance it you could fly via Singapore, Los Angeles, or somewhere else in Asia, and then fly direct to Auckland.

Might be more expensive but with a bit of digging might be able to find a good price.

Doubt this should be a problem though, but you never know I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

If you want to be 100% sure contact the Aussie embassy in London.

www.uk.embassy.gov.au

Australia House, Strand, London WC2B 4LA, United Kingdom
    +44 20 7379 4334

Advertisement