Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Passport Number

Options
  • 21-05-2014 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hi Guys ,

I'm travelling with 2 friends to America in October with British Airways , Flights are already booked since Jan.

One of my friends has a new passport since , and the passport number is different. I have trawled 'Manage my booking' on the British Airways site and cannot see anywhere to edit/update info. I do,however,see where we need to add 'additional passenger' info and in here , among other things , they ask for passport number , expiry date and so on.

Will it be enough to just add the new details here when adding this info or do I need to do anything else? Im just afraid if I fill this in for my friend then the info we originally entered when booking is different there will be an issue but I don't see anywhere else to put it.

I have emailed them but they advise they generally do not rely to emails , rather just take the info as feedback. I also tweeted them but no reply as of yet.
    Can anyone advise me?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

Call them.

I'd expect the additional info field to be greyed out if you already entered the info. Also you might get more responses in the travel forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Q_ueeny

Thanks for your reply. They don't have a contact number on their website unfortunately.

Mods, Can this be moved please?

This can be closed as I posted it in the Travel section.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

make sure her ESTA has the new passport number

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

make sure her ESTA has the new passport number

You need to apply for a new ESTA, they last two years or until the passport expires, whichever happens first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Sorry Q_ueeny I don't mean to hi-jack your thread but my issue is kind of the same and probably wouldn't warrant a new thread..

I'm travelling to the states on 29th June for summer holidays and I had everything sorted up to about 2 weeks ago (ESTA, Aer Lingus API, Travel Insurance etc.) but only a few days after I mislaid my passport - I looked absolutely everywhere for 3 days straight but no sign (I have an awful feeling it went out in the rubbish as it was in an envelope)...

.. anyway I sent away for a new express passport last Monday so should have it back within the week. I rang Aer Lingus and they said they would change the API, Flight Booking details with the new passport number no bother (She said it happens regularly) but the ESTA is slightly worrying me - I tried ringing the Embassy in Dublin but it seems to just keeps playing recorded messages and I couldn't seem to get through to talk to anyone..... from what I read on the ESTA site I have to re-apply for a new one with the new passport number - is it as simple as that or do I have to cancel the ESTA with my old passport number but same destination/flight details etc?

the new passport you will have and the ESTA do not correspond so yes, you will just need to apply for a new ESTA.

the new passport you will have and the ESTA do not correspond so yes, you will just need to apply for a new ESTA.
    Thanks, and do you know if I have to inform them (US Authorities) that the old ESTA is now defunct or will they realise that when a new ESTA is requested?

the new one will supersede the old one on the system :)

the new one will supersede the old one on the system :)
    Ha OK thanks, i'm just a bit nervous because it will be the first time in the states and the very last thing I want happening is problems at US customs in Dublin over my own stupidity of losing the passport only days after completing all the origional ESTA, API etc.

.. the new passport will be kept safe like a child :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

irishfeen wrote: »
    Ha OK thanks, i'm just a bit nervous because it will be the first time in the states and the very last thing I want happening is problems at US customs in Dublin over my own stupidity of losing the passport only days after completing all the origional ESTA, API etc.

It's no big deal having a new ESTA. Even if you didn't lose your passport, there are circumstances where you'd have to apply for a new ESTA like for example you realised that you put in the wrong date of birth so applying for two ESTAs in a short space of time will not raise any red flags.

As long as there is a current ESTA approval for the passport you have on the day, there won't be a problem.

coylemj wrote: »
    It's no big deal having a new ESTA. Even if you didn't lose your passport, there are circumstances where you'd have to apply for a new ESTA like for example you realised that you put in the wrong date of birth so applying for two ESTAs in a short space of time will not raise any red flags.

As long as there is a current ESTA approval for the passport you have on the day, there won't be a problem.
    Thanks very much for the info coylemj, hopefully my passport comes this week now so I can put it to bed.

Hi Guys

thank you for all yer help/replies. We rang British Airways and the very nice lady over the phone took the passport details and updated them

Advertisement