Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skatepark for old codgers?

Options
  • 21-05-2014 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

I recentley purchased my first pair of aggressive skates. These are the first pair of skates I have owned in 10 years or so. I took them out for a spin last night and had a great time. Going out for a spin is well and good, but I would love to learn how to grind etc. I was never capable of doing this back in the day with my bog-standard inlines.

The problem (maybe not a problem at all) is that I am pushing 30 years of age now and do not want to be ridiculed by hooded youths at the various skateparks around the place. Is there any beginner / golden oldies slots available at any of the Dublin skateparks??

I would love to have a spin around in the parks but without having to navigate through loads of mini Tony Hawks!

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 spiderlover

Hi,
    I usually find that mornings are the quietest, anytime before 12 really. Unless you're going during the week then anytime before school gets out so up until about 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TehGoose

As spiderlover said, mornings are the best. I am mid-twenties, just started skateboarding again and I grabbed my friend last Saturday morning to go to skate park. We had the whole place to ourselves until about 13:00. Used a lot of the ramps that would otherwise be taken over by more experienced people. It was great.

Advertisement