Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

breach of cohabitation act?????

Options
  • 21-05-2014 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hello all.

I have a query myself and my parthner are living together for the last 2 years.
    When applying for a medical card she is asked if she has any cohabitants .... But under the Civil Partnership and Certain Rights and Obligations of Cohabitants Act 2010 "You are a qualified cohabitant if you:
    have been cohabiting for at least 5 years or for 2 years*if you have had a child together

So under state law do we need to state that we are cohabiting ??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

blueb wrote: »
    ..myself and my parthner are living together for the last 2 years....
    Eh, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭blueb

but we are not living together for more than 5 years so we are not qualified cohabitants under the act

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Seems to me you's are cohabiting, so I would definitely state it. I was officially cohabiting with me partner since we signed a lease together, even though we had just moved in together with no kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

The Medical Card Application form does not ask for your 'cohabitant's' details, it asks for the details of your 'spouse or partner'.
    http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/list/1/schemes/mc/forms/Medical_Card_GP_Visit_Card_Application_Form.pdf

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement