Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

starting problem

• 21-05-2014 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭

Was working abroad for last 4 months and had pan european on trickle charge but I went to start this morning and nothing no lights on dash no horn but the clock does work . Any ideas.im not very mechanical so would I be better just call mechanic.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭cikearney

Battery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

I would imagine the battery is goosed also. Any chance you can get a volt meter across it and see what it reads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭cikearney

I've jumped mine of the car, no problems. Don't have the car running when doing this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Surely a bump start would get it going‽

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Was working abroad for last 4 months and had pan european on trickle charge but I went to start this morning and nothing no lights on dash no horn but the clock does work . Any ideas.im not very mechanical so would I be better just call mechanic.

Once you've verified the battery is OK, even on trickle charge a battery can die for other reasons. Check all your connections, give them a decent pull, and spray with WD40.

Does it have an alarm? It could be in sleep mode or faulty
    zubair wrote: »
    Surely a bump start would get it going‽

Bumping a Pan:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Del2005 wrote: »
    Bumping a Pan:eek:

Big hill??? :p

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Whip the battery out and give a proper charge if you can. Motorbike batteries start to get problematic when they get fully discharged though. Try a booster pack also.

Advertisement