Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interrailing- real costs

• 21-05-2014 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    So four of us are thinking of going inter railing in august.
    Aside from flights and the pass itself, how much will it cost? Like I don't mind not eating out and just getting a loaf of bread or something :P What do you end up spending money on?
    Also what are the cheapest yet nicest cities?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Going inter railing myself this summer but was abroad travelling last summer and here is what you WILL spend money on. Food, drink, additional transport costs, TRIPS/ACTIVITIES within each stop and of course accomodation. I would budget minimum of 50e per day. Won't spend it every day but over the duration I would assume it will work out this way for me.
    Of course costs vary depending on where you are actually going. Like for us we have worked out that it is cheaper to buy the train/bus tickets as we are going along. Approx 80-100e cheaper than the pass we would have had to get.

Advertisement