Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

''Shocking'' racist message on n7

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Reformed Character

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Do you start to spew accusations before actually reading what was said? What I said is not full of hate, nor would I consider myself a nationalist. I am speaking in relation to the tourism sector in Ireland and if you do not think there is a problem with the product due to the large numbers of foreign workers within it, then you are away with the fairies.

As far back as 1998, it was identified and reffered to by the then Minister for Tourism, Dr. Jim McDaid, at the Irish tourist industry confederation dinner.

That same year a German tour operator featured in the Irish Times and complained about the service in Irish 3 star hotels and said its customers would not mind paying more if they could have a higher degree of service and that all important contact with Irish owners and staff.

This is widely spoken about in the industry and to my knowledge no formal study has been done to assess the impact, despite loads talking about it. Why? The racism card. The ITIC Chairwomen claimed in 2000 that it didn't matter. Tourists would rather be served by a person with broken english than a grumpy Irish one. Nobody wants to be served by anyone grumpy, but the assertion that it doesn't need to be an Irish person flies in the face of what industry workers are hearing from tour operators etc. The fear of being branded a racist for wanting to discuss it or commission studies, is overwhelming. From my time in Italy, I witnessed their policy of limiting the number of foreign workers in their tourism sector, in order to protect its unique product.

In conclusion, I couldn't give a rats arse how many foreign nationals work in the Irish tourism industry, but as approx. 32 percent of employees in the industry are foreign nationals, maybe its time to change the marketing strategy.

Tourism figures continue rise, which gives lie to your intolerant rant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Bloe Joggs wrote: »
    Shinners never like hearing this stuff, because it's a sore point, the realisation that the party they hold dear isn't really all they thought it was. It's a simple fix, just find a party or independent candidate that actually mirrors your values and vote for them instead.

I've been voting for them for the last 26 years at every given opportunity. I'm about as likely to stop doing so because of you as I am drinking water due to the woman on VB last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Funnily enough I was an active Republican for a decade, five years spent in the Provisional Movement. I think I'll rely on my own considerable experience rather than your wind-up musings.

And I'm not a f*cking shinner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Right so where to i start....

See heres the thing i know what i am already none of you need to tell me. Im happy with who i am and wont change because ive no reason to.

You s all think your high and mighty right here right now calling me out on how racist etc i am :pac:

Thats how it always works in these situations guess what ? The fact that im not the only one that feels the way i do makes me very very happy.

Do you think i woke up one morning i decided right i dont like African people i think the Chinese are all mostly ignorant bastards who are only interested in themselves ?

No its all based on day one and onwards for me what ive witnessed my whole life what ive experienced where i have been in the world and who i have spoken to and seen.

I go shopping i have loud obnoxious over sized African women with kids hanging out of them all shouting looking for what they think is theres all the time. I dunno how many fecking times ive been somewhere and whos the one u can hear shouting ''I want this'' ''This should of been cheaper'' ''Your being racist''etc etc etc.

Have you ever been in your local social welfare office ? apart from our own filth who are always the ones taking up spaces in line causing hassle shouting and claiming what they feel there entitled to?

I could keep going on and on and on about things i see every day of the week here.

Do you want me to start on the Chinese ? Do you know how many of them ive worked with in the past ? A lot. Do you know how many ive tried to be friendly with talk to and interact with on daily random occurrences ? A lot.

They have no interest in mixing with most people outside of there culture and country they stick to there own ways and thats it. There the nicest people in the world when your handing them your money.

Most of them wont even look at you i can think of many times one example one night me and few mates where in a pub it wasn't even busy and we had very little to drink there was a Chinese fella cleaning up outside in beer garden so i said to him hows things busy night? He looked right threw me and continued. He blanked the rest of us as well. Now you might think he was just ignorant we get that with Irish to but no it wasn't an isolated incident.

Ive already went past the stage of any of you giving a **** i could keep typing here ive loads of examples but whats the point your on your ''Good side'' im on mine. I have my reasons for why i dont want Irish culture mixing into certain other ones and i hope it never fully happens.

I go shopping i have loud obnoxious over sized African women with kids hanging out of them all shouting looking for what they think is theres all the time. I dunno how many fecking times ive been somewhere and whos the one u can hear shouting ''I want this'' ''This should of been cheaper'' ''Your being racist''etc etc etc..

I'd say none.
    Have you ever been in your local social welfare office ? apart from our own filth who are always the ones taking up spaces in line causing hassle shouting and claiming what they feel there entitled to?.

.....yep. Angry people?
    I could keep going on and on and on about things i see every day of the week here.

Yeah.....I'd say we'd get to free prams and cars soon enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I have my reasons for why i dont want Irish culture mixing into certain other ones and i hope it never fully happens.

Have you ever thought that maybe it's just that these people don't want to mix with you?

Nodin wrote: »
    I'd say none.

.....yep. Angry people?

Yeah.....I'd say we'd get to free prams and cars soon enough.

You know very ****ing well everything ive said you have seen it yourself at one point you just see it differently to how i do or your not gonna entertain or agree with a word ive said. Thats grand if your happy im delighted for u.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Have you ever thought that maybe it's just that these people just don't want to mix with you?

Ya because every single one of them ive talked to or tried to......

Stupid ****ing point to come out with.

See heres the thing i know what i am already none of you need to tell me. Im happy with who i am and wont change because ive no reason to.

You s all think your high and mighty right here right now calling me out on how racist etc i am :pac:

Thats how it always works in these situations guess what ? The fact that im not the only one that feels the way i do makes me very very happy.

Do you think i woke up one morning i decided right i dont like African people i think the Chinese are all mostly ignorant bastards who are only interested in themselves ?

No its all based on day one and onwards for me what ive witnessed my whole life what ive experienced where i have been in the world and who i have spoken to and seen.

I go shopping i have loud obnoxious over sized African women with kids hanging out of them all shouting looking for what they think is theres all the time. I dunno how many fecking times ive been somewhere and whos the one u can hear shouting ''I want this'' ''This should of been cheaper'' ''Your being racist''etc etc etc.

Have you ever been in your local social welfare office ? apart from our own filth who are always the ones taking up spaces in line causing hassle shouting and claiming what they feel there entitled to?

Do you want me to start on the Chinese ? Do you know how many of them ive worked with in the past ? A lot. Do you know how many ive tried to be friendly with talk to and interact with on daily random occurrences ? A lot.

They have no interest in mixing with most people outside of there culture and country they stick to there own ways and thats it. There the nicest people in the world when your handing them your money.

Most of them wont even look at you i can think of many times one example one night me and few mates where in a pub it wasn't even busy and we had very little to drink there was a Chinese fella cleaning up outside in beer garden so i said to him hows things busy night? He looked right threw me and continued. He blanked the rest of us as well. Now you might think he was just ignorant we get that with Irish to but no it wasn't an isolated incident.

Ive already went past the stage of any of you giving a **** i could keep typing here ive loads of examples but whats the point your on your ''Good side'' im on mine. I have my reasons for why i dont want Irish culture mixing into certain other ones and i hope it never fully happens.

I feel sorry for you to be honest. Hopefully you'll let go of this angry nonsense one day.

How come I've got a Chinese friend and several African friends who have no problem mixing with me and my family? Sure my brother in law is African and he's got loads of Irish mates.

I see people mixing all the time. But you've never encountered it?

It's definitely you dude.

• Advertisement

FTA69 wrote: »
    I feel sorry for you to be honest. Hopefully you'll let go of this angry nonsense one day.

lol yep im all on my own with my taughts im the only one in the world who feels this way. :pac: I feel so alone......

How come I've got a Chinese friend and several African friends who have no problem mixing with me and my family? Sure my brother in law is African and he's got loads of Irish mates.

I see people mixing all the time. But you've never encountered it?

It's definitely you dude.

In that case it must be all my fault ya. Thank you for opening my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Bloe Joggs

Funnily enough I was an active Republican for a decade, five years spent in the Provisional Movement. I think I'll rely on my own considerable experience rather than your wind-up musings.

And I'm not a f*cking shinner.

Then like many Provos you were deluding yourself about the true political background and philosophy of that movement, in my opinion. There's many things I've had to change about things I once believed in. Life is like that, you gain experience and sometimes have to leave things behind that maybe you didn't get the full scoop on the first time around, it can be a bitter pill to swallow when you dedicate a significant portion of your life to something but ultimately liberating.

You know very ****ing well everything ive said you have seen it yourself at one point.

Nope. Not in Aldi, Lidl or Dunnes anyway. Or Tesco. Seen black, brown and other ethnicities of wimmin, but not what you're on about. Didn't see it down the scratcher either.

Tell me something, do you channel all your energy into how much you hate foreigners to distract you from how empty and hopeless your life is or is it for some other reason you've got this phenomenal chip on your shoulder?

lol yep im all on my own with my taughts im the only one in the world who feels this way. :pac: I feel so alone......

O there are others allright, What a lovely bunch they are too.

Then like many Provos you were deluding yourself about the true political background and philosophy of that movement, in my opinion. There's many things I've had to change about things I once believed in. Life is like that, you gain experience and sometimes have to leave things behind that maybe you didn't get the full scoop on the first time around, it can be a bitter pill to swallow when you dedicate a significant portion of your life to something but ultimately liberating.

*snicker

Dude. Seriously. Just get laid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

It's like the racism version of the nice guy syndrome. It's the fault of all the other races that they don't like you, you're a nice guy…

Dude. Seriously. Just get laid.

We could organise a whip around for him.

• Advertisement

Tell me something, do you channel all your energy into how much you hate foreigners to distract you from how empty and hopeless your life is or is it for some other reason you've got this phenomenal chip on your shoulder?

Yes i have an incredibly unhappy life. I have a long term girlfriend a son i live with them i have plenty of friends and interests and theres not much i want for....

Ever think maybe just maybe how i feel inside makes me happy? Because heres the thing and it makes me feel good about the world.....

Its never gonna change for as long as im alive where never gonna all except each other no matter what color or gender or sexuality we are .

And the fact i am a straight white male well.......

What philosophy? Vague left wing policies, a generally progressive outlook and moderate nationalism?

Go on away ya wind up merchant. I'm thinking you wouldn't know much about that movement if the Beard himself kicked you up the arse.

And the fact i am a straight white male well.......

And English-speaking. It's tough going for us.

Ill end things on this note.

Theres a lot of things i cant change and i wish where different about society and the world but.....

When its all said and done ill know i won because what i believe in and how i feel well it wont ever vanish from the world as long as im alive because as a human race well we all cant live with each other and we all fight to be on top.

Weather anyone likes it or not what you dislike about something will always overpower what you like. The world will keep spinning the way it does and just to see how it bothers some people is worth it.

I'm definitely going with the black old doll theory anyway. Guarantee you a jump off some banging Jamaican one and you'll be eating Dim Sum and listening to Method Man in no time.

Theres a lot of things i cant change and i wish where different about society and the world but.....

When its all said and done ill know i won because what i believe in and how i feel well it wont ever vanish from the world as long as im alive because as a human race well we all cant live with each other and we all fight to be on top.

Weather anyone likes it or not what you dislike about something will always overpower what you like. The world will keep spinning the way it does and just to see how it bothers some people is worth it.

So what you're saying is that as long as you're alive there'll be someone who doesn't like foreigners? Bully for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

So what you're saying is that as long as you're alive there'll be someone who doesn't like foreigners? Bully for you.

its clear that he likes foreigners. just not in ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Well they say you never see foreign person or person of different ethnicity on the streets of Dublin homeless!

Well they said it on the Adrian Kennedy show
    anyways...

....bothers you a lot more than it does the rest of us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭dickface

Immigration needs to be managed better than it has been for the last 10-15 years.
    That's all i really have to say.

Well they say you never see foreign person or person of different ethnicity on the streets of Dublin homeless!

Well they said it on the Adrian Kennedy show
    anyways...

Shure they have asylum seekers living in holiday camps no less. Holiday camps if you please. And they give them pocket money if you don't mind.

What im saying is for as long as any of us are alive and well on this planet there will be people who dont want to mix with each other for many different reasons it will come from all sides. This aint me vs the foreigners its everyone vs everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

The reason why your racist is because you are generalizing from (very very very slightly) bad experiences with individuals, up to entire races of people. Have you seriously lived in this country your entire life, and never been treated in a way you felt rude by an Irish person? Of course you have, yet when it happened you didn't start making wild assumptions about every Irish person you met, you simply assumed that person was an ass and went on with your life. But when a Chinese person did it, you decided it reflected on all Chinese people, it fit the racist narrative in your head and was noteworthy because of it.

The urge to generalize about people is understandable, it's human nature. Someone with identifiable trait X did something bad to me, so to avoid bad things in future, I'll avoid people with X. You can substitute any trait you like for X, accent, skin colour, hair colour, gender, hair styles, fashion sense, etc. I guarantee you can think of examples of generalizations based off any of these. Most people however recognise that these generalizations are unfair to anyone else who might exhibit that triat, and do their best to abandon them, the reason you are racist, is because instead you are doing your best to justify them.

But mostly your "bad experiences" are just so laughably tame.

Shure they have asylum seekers living in holiday camps no less. Holiday camps if you please. And they give them pocket money if you don't mind.

...sittin there round barbeques everynight, laughin at us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

dickface wrote: »
    Immigration needs to be managed better than it has been for the last 10-15 years.

We should all aim to improve everything, at all times.
    That's all I really have to say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

To be fair, I was in Tesco the other day and the till operator was in full conversation to the till beisde her in Polish. Didnt so much as speak to me and ignored my request for a bag twice. I did feel at bit of a stranger there.

And English-speaking. It's tough going for us.

Sorry. English 'typing'. Poster has not indicated what language they speak.

Stop with the aul' oppressin' now, m'kay?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Bloe Joggs

What philosophy? Vague left wing policies, a generally progressive outlook and moderate nationalism?

Go on away ya wind up merchant. I'm thinking you wouldn't know much about that movement if the Beard himself kicked you up the arse.

No winding up here, I've always seen right through Sinn Fein. Grizzly himself probably has some leftish tendencies but many of their core voters don't and they very carefully navigate those waters for that reason, always straddling the fence. For years, especially in the Dublin area they were playing voter tennis with Fianna Fail as huge clumps of the electorate would drift between them from election to election on the basis of who the real "republican party" was, while genuine socialist Independent candidates of the Noel Browne type with well thought out policies and action plans were often left by the wayside. They've modernised and expanded their outlook to a degree since they realise they can no longer succeed solely on the cultural nationalist ticket but they're far from the animal many claim them to be, in my opinion.

Having said all that. I think they are going to do very well in the elections.

Yes i have an incredibly unhappy life. I have a long term girlfriend a son i live with them i have plenty of friends and interests and theres not much i want for....

Why waste so much energy hating "DA IMMIGRANTS" then?

I always think there's got to be something missing in someone that they have to spend some much time just hating people they don't even know for reasons that they can't even articulate.

allibastor wrote: »
    To be fair, I was in Tesco the other day and the till operator was in full conversation to the till beisde her in Polish. Didnt so much as speak to me and ignored my request for a bag twice. I did feel at bit of a stranger there.

I get ignored by women on nights out, it doesn't make me feel like a stranger.

• Advertisement

I always think there's got to be something missing in someone that they have to spend some much time just hating people they don't even know for reasons that they can't even articulate.

Coming over here. Taking our happy...

:mad:

dickface wrote: »

I'd agree with that. More thorough checking of criminal records wouldn't go astray.
    This aint me vs the foreigners its everyone vs everyone.

You don't speak for everyone dude.
    allibastor wrote: »

If she'd ignored you while speaking English would it have been a better ignoring? :)

I get ignored by women on nights out, it doesn't make me feel like a stranger.

They were obviously feminists…

But they're DIFFERENT. D.I.F.F.E.R.E.N.T. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to the checkout in my local Tesco and I didn't know the girl at the till and she didn't know me. I felt like a total stranger…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

upyores wrote: »
    Tourism figures continue rise, which gives lie to your intolerant rant.

I never mentioned figures. I'm referring to a problem that does exist and is not being debated within the industry. But of course I'm ranting and just a bigoted racist. That suits you more.

Nodin wrote: »
    But they're DIFFERENT. D.I.F.F.E.R.E.N.T. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And they took our HAPPY. H.A.P.P.Y.

:mad::(:mad::(

:P

I went to the checkout in my local Tesco and I didn't know the girl at the till and she didn't know me. I felt like a total stranger…
    :eek:
    Cup of tea on the way! Hold tight. Deep breaths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

Oink wrote: »
    I am more interested in the symbol at the end of it.
    Looks like a politically-correct'ed Swastika to me. When you link that you the anti-Israel slogan and the "us poor Irish are hard done by in our own country"....

First thing I thought of when seeing it was the google symbol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

They are human and they need to be loved....?

• Advertisement
Advertisement