Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

''Shocking'' racist message on n7

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    There's no need to be rude just because you can't even begin to articulate your side of the debate.

Your boring the absolute ****e out of me with this kinda stuff. This aint a debate im not interested in your side of things i have my views they wont change and i doubt yours will either so dont dress it up as something that your all better then me in just so u can all pat each other on the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Only "kind of"?

Well, I'm trying to be polite by saying it a little less bluntly.

Knasher wrote: »
    Well if that is the maximum level of niceness that you can possibly manage, I think we have figured out why the Chinese guy ignored you.

Well done you cracked the case !!
    Why stop here theres so many unsolved mystery's out there waiting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Well done you cracked the case !!
    Why stop here theres so many unsolved mystery's out there waiting!

Excellent, well I'm glad I could help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Your boring the absolute ****e out of me with this kinda stuff.

I know. Logic, reason and facts can be very boring when they're all there staring at you, proving you wrong.

It gets tiresome.

But remember you said you were leaving this thread yesterday but yet you're still here - posting nonsense about how immigrants won't be your friend even though it's obvious to everyone else why that is.

Feel free to make good on your promise and skiddadle. I'm sure there's literally hundreds of things you could be doing and dozens of folk that can't wait to see your smiling face and experience the warm glow of your sunny disposition.

Don't forget to stop by your local supermarket and buy some vinegar from the immigrant staff for that massive racist chip on your shoulder.

Toodle-pip now!

I know. Logic, reason and facts can be very boring when they're all there staring at you, proving you wrong.

It gets tiresome.

But remember you said you were leaving this thread yesterday but yet you're still here - posting nonsense about how immigrants won't be your friend even though it's obvious to everyone else why that is.

Feel free to make good on your promise and skiddadle. I'm sure there's literally hundreds of things you could be doing and dozens of folk that can't wait to see your smiling face and experience the warm glow of your sunny disposition.

Don't forget to stop by your local supermarket and buy some vinegar from the immigrant staff for that massive racist chip on your shoulder.

Toodle-pip now!

I bet you came typing up all that ****e did u ? Do you feel all nice now ?

I bet you came typing up all that ****e did u ? Do you feel all nice now ?

You're a funny little boy aren't you?

Nearly 24 hours after declaring he's leaving you're still hovering around.

I bet you're the unwanted guest that people have to kick out of the party at 5am aren't you?

You're a funny little boy aren't you?

Nearly 24 hours after declaring he's leaving you're still hovering around.

I bet you're the unwanted guest that people have to kick out of the party at 5am aren't you?

Yep as always you guys know me best :)

I should just have one of you talk for me!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Cut out the stupidity and pettiness. If you're feeling wound up, take a break from the computer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

the logo at the end is used by (thankfully very small) Irish far right groups so its safe to say it is racist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Many many miles from Ireland tonight, one of my tour group members said he wouldn't let his daughter near an Irish bastard like me! A regular. Hadn't seen him in over a year. Great fun! It reminded me of this thread. I told him about it. We laughed. I love working as a foreigner in a foreign land. Opens your eyes and helps you appreciate the tourist and local viewpoint without branding anyone a racist.

Gonna sip more wine and toast this thread and all who sailed high on her!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Came acros this the other day and didnt get a chance to upload ,
    Supposedly taken on the shelbourne road sometime in the 60s/70s

Wonder what visitors would think if it was still there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

I don't feel like a stranger in my own country, no.
    And I don't understand how they worked out Irish people will be a minority in 30 years' time.

There's nothing wrong with questioning how immigration will affect an economy, individual communities etc, but some of the misinformed utter hatred on this thread is quite depressing. :-/

I don't understand the anti-semitism fashion either. Excluding Israel (which not all Jews are connected to) what specifically is people's issue with Jews? A lot of it seems like a bandwagon to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭opo

What I don't understand is how the actions of what is quite possibly a single individual (WOW... scrawling on a BIG piece of wood) is of such earth shattering and life changing significance to a small, dedicated army of spiteful, small minded cranks here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

It's an animal instinct of the human species to protect it's little spot in nature, but not all folk use it in the sense of enlightenment.

Using enlightened thinking as an enlightened person, you can communicate with others from all parts of the world and you will see that colours or looks are just a natural part of nature of this old world and it's extreme ancient climate effects on all folk that partook in millions of years of this.

There is only one vibrant living planet in this solar system, and we are all here together on this large ball of core liquid and held rock moving around our sun each year after year. It should be a brother/sisterhood of respect for each-other as we are in the same boat.

Maybe one day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

opo wrote: »
    What I don't understand is how the actions of what is quite possibly a single individual (WOW... scrawling on a BIG piece of wood) is of such earth shattering and life changing significance to a small, dedicated army of spiteful, small minded cranks here.
    It's more that a discussion grew about the issue in general. And saying the people who are arguing against unsubstantiated hatred (and their detractors blatantly being unable to argue what their hate is about) are the spiteful and small-minded ones... is weird.

It's an animal instinct of the human species to protect it's little spot in nature, but not all folk use it in the sense of enlightenment.

Using enlightened thinking as an enlightened person, you can communicate with others from all parts of the world and you will see that colours or looks are just a natural part of nature of this old world and it's extreme ancient climate effects on all folk that partook in millions of years of this.

There is only one vibrant living planet in this solar system, and we are all here together on this large ball of core liquid and held rock moving around our sun each year after year. It should be a brother/sisterhood of respect for each-other as we are in the same boat.

Maybe one day.

If only everyone thought the same way you mean?

Sentimental crap aside, part of the human condition is our individualism and capacity for both rational and irrational thought.

You are either mature enough for that or you are not. Stoned or not.

Magaggie wrote: »
    It's more that a discussion grew about the issue in general. And saying the people who are arguing against unsubstantiated hatred (and their detractors blatantly being unable to argue what their hate is about) are the spiteful and small-minded ones... is weird.

I am merely pointing out the circle jerk here over a bit of graffiti.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I am merely pointing out the circle jerk here over a bit of graffiti.

No, its a rather odd outburst that characterises an objection to racism and anti-Semitism as coming from "a small, dedicated army of spiteful, small minded cranks here".

• Advertisement

Nodin wrote: »
    No, its a rather odd outburst that characterises an objection to racism and anti-Semitism as coming from "a small, dedicated army of spiteful, small minded cranks here".

Dear oh dear.....

Dear oh dear.....

Would you like to explain your remark?

No

Its okay. You are worried that you may be thought of as a spiteful, small minded crank. But its cool. Spiteful, small minded cranks are not as bad as racists. Spiteful, small minded cranks only offend people that cannot claim any defence against being branded a racist because they look at an Italian with a smoked cod and chips dangling from their gobs.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Its okay. You are worried that you may be thought of as a spiteful, small minded crank. But its cool. Spiteful, small minded cranks are not as bad as racists. Spiteful, small minded cranks only offend people that cannot claim any defence against being branded a racist because they look at an Italian with a smoked cod and chips dangling from their gobs.

No idea what you're on about there. The mark was directed at no-one in particular. The point was that it struck me as rather odd to have a problem with condemnation of xenophobic and anti-semitic graffiti,

No idea what you're on about there. The mark was directed at no-one in particular. The point was that it struck me as rather odd to have a problem with condemnation of xenophobic and anti-semitic graffiti,

Dear oh dear....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

anybody else feel/sense a growing dislike/resentment amongst the Irish towards our new brothers and sisters, probably will get worse over time too, very tricky and delicate situation to handle. The government should be keeping an eye on things!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 motivation

well done

• Registered Users Posts: 43 motivation

Dear oh dear....

yeah yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

bb1234567 wrote: »

Well, a number of French seem to have a problem with it. Why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭kingchess

good chance that they are racist and xenophobic?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,630 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

I often wonder how many who object to others coming here are at the same time happy to order a Chinese take away/ Indian take away:p

Dear oh dear....

Why do you have a problem with the condemnation of xenophobic and racist graffiti?

kingchess wrote: »

Obviously. But sure loads of us are. Its the new way, unless you are ensconced in a negative equity apartment/house in Ireland or living with your mammy and daddy. Then you are really liberal.

kingchess wrote: »

Given the history of the party, I'd say so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Well, a number of French seem to have a problem with it. Why?

25%

woodoo wrote: »
    25%

Yeah, I read that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭timtime

mariaalice wrote: »
    I often wonder how many who object to others coming here are at the same time happy to order a Chinese take away/ Indian take away:p
    most Irish people belong to a foreign
    religion the RC church and can only.speak.a foreign language English, so it seems odd they would have problems with foreigners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭rgossip30

...sittin there round barbeques everynight, laughin at us.

and figuring out between them how best to get residence or refugee status by hook or crook.

timtime wrote: »
    most Irish people belong to a foreign
    religion the RC church and can only.speak.a foreign language English, so it seems odd they would have problems with foreigners

The ones that abuse and scam is a possibility.

• Advertisement

What's the problem? How is it manifesting itself?

If tourists were so unhappy with Ireland as a destination then how come numbers are rising?

I suggest you look at visa application decisions on the INIS site ,tourists !!

rgossip30 wrote: »
    I suggest you look at visa application decisions on the INIS site ,tourists !!

I suggest you contribute to threads when they're ongoing, not two weeks later! :rolleyes:

What are you rabbiting on at?

You saying that tourist numbers aren't rising?

Or are you saying that these people aren't tourists?

Because if you actually read the thread you'd see that the discussion was people saying that immigrants working in the service industry were affecting tourist numbers.

I suggest you contribute to threads when they're ongoing, not two weeks later! :rolleyes:

What are you rabbiting on at?

You saying that tourist numbers aren't rising?

Or are you saying that these people aren't tourists?

Because if you actually read the thread you'd see that the discussion was people saying that immigrants working in the service industry were affecting tourist numbers.

Yes those tourists that do not require visas are increasing . Whats the difference 2 weeks or 2 hours ? The ones applying for family reunification,student visas are hardly tourists .
    How are tourists numbers affected difficult to know when the thread is mostly ranting rubbish.

and figuring out between them how best to get residence or refugee status by hook or crook.

....what are you talking about exactly.

Yes those tourists that do not require visas are increasing .

So you agree tourist numbers are increasing.
    How are tourists numbers affected difficult to know when the thread is mostly ranting rubbish.

It's not difficult to know. You just look at the actual figures.

If you take your facts off After Hours threads then you don't have much hope in life.

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Why? Do you keep getting lost and have to ask for directions?

Really funny really.

Advertisement