Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

''Shocking'' racist message on n7

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Bloe Joggs

japan and korea and are not populated by white caucasions , hence they are not called out on their ethnic immigration policies , pc liberals only ever aim for white people

By and large and certainly by European standards Ireland is pretty homogenous. While other equally homogenous countries like Iceland were formulating generous immigration policies after the war in an effort to keep the bloodlines mixed, De Valera's social engineering project - fuelled by a reactionary belief in cultural and ethnic purity - prevented any such measures being taken. We've been playing catch up for the last 20 years or so but there's quite a way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

i dont hear that too often but their is a massively disproportionate percentage of jewish people working on wall st

ditto , african americans in the NBA

why is it wrong to point to the obvious , wait i forgot , the whole basis of political correctness is denying reality in favour of potraying an idealised world as desired by right on liberals

So does the fact that there are a minority of Jews working in high finance somehow equate to them running the world? After all, that's what this graffiti alleges.

The conspiracy theory of a Jewish cabal running the world has been a cornerstone of fascism (never mind racism) for 150 years odd. So when someone starts spraying that on walls accompanied by traditional far right symbolism, it isn't a big f*ckin leap to imagine those behind it might be a bit on the racist side

But no, your reaction to anti-Semitic graffiti is to try and portray the "liberals" as shutting down honest debate. Total b*llocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Its not racist the word is just a cover word for so many things people dont like these days. Its an argument starter and winner.

It is racist/fascist, it is a "hidden" swastika at the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Oink wrote: »
    I am more interested in the symbol at the end of it.
    Looks like a politically-correct'ed Swastika to me. When you link that you the anti-Israel slogan and the "us poor Irish are hard done by in our own country"....

You can imagine all kinds of stuff when you are intent on doing so. This whole racist stuff is a total concoction by those keen to be offended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Dude, you need to get out of Ireland more. This is the most homogeneously native country that I have ever been in. Less so than when I emigrated here in the 1980's, and thank **** for that.

Ive been all over Europe and many other parts of the world so ya....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭Lastlight.

Can't say I disagree with the messages. Globalisation is a disaster and keeping local traditions and culture alive is important. Doesn't help when people start feeling like they are living in a different country.

Maphisto wrote: »
    An unemployed graphics designer?

HA!!
    I was thinking the exact same passing it earlier

Lastlight. wrote: »
    Can't say I disagree with the messages. Globalisation is a disaster and keeping local traditions and culture alive is important. Doesn't help when people start feeling like they are living in a different country.

Traditions/culture are just by products of what people do from day to day in order to survive and entertain themselves. They are always changing. The notion that you would intentionally preserve them is a relatively new thing in human history and seems to have come about with the invention of the nation state in the 19th century. Some of them happen to be good in the sense that they're an effective way of doing things or people just enjoy doing them, in other words they've stood the test of time, which is a good reason to preserve them but preserving them out of some sort of "duty" to the tribe as a means of discriminating that tribe from others and satisfying the primal need to prove that you belong to that tribe is a very unhealthy line of thought and often a dangerous road to go down...imo.

So not long home was out there for a while lovely day out actually :P

Ive noticed it before but god where i live *Citywest* is like some sort of portal that brings u around the world. Have eastern Europeans Africans Asians and god knows what else all around ya. No word of a lie for the entire time i was out walking i didnt hear one irish accent or word of English until i got into a shop and even then none of the staff i came across where Irish.

I dont care what word u wanna call me i am who i am really nothing will change that but ya stuff like that does bother me sometimes.

I mean i normally dont give a **** i just get on with my own life and my own issues but it does make me feel like a tourist in my own country when i hear so many people around me speaking different languages and so many of these people are from totally different cultures and walks of life. With the weather out there today i felt on holidays for more then one reason :P

Obviously there are a lot more Irish living in Ireland im not saying where out numbered all im saying is things are different and it will only continue with the government we have and the way Europe is run.

Where a small country who at times cant even look after our own ****ing people adding more and more and more from outside on top of this how does that help anyone?

Its great to experience different cultures try new things but thats why u go on holidays and travel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Bloe Joggs wrote: »
    By and large and certainly by European standards Ireland is pretty homogenous. While other equally homogenous countries like Iceland were formulating generous immigration policies after the war in an effort to keep the bloodlines mixed, De Valera's social engineering project - fuelled by a reactionary belief in cultural and ethnic purity - prevented any such measures being taken. We've been playing catch up for the last 20 years or so but there's quite a way to go.

Quite a way to go...to what exactly? Ok some ethnic diversity is great but its not like its a goal ireland MUST reach? Who says immigration is even that beneficial to ireland, Im not saying it or it isnt but are there any stats or anything on benefits of it ?

Why do we need to catch up, is homogenity even that bad. Japan seems to be doin ok for itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

I mean i normally dont give a **** i just get on with my own life and my own issues but it does make me feel like a tourist in my own country when i hear so many people around me speaking different languages and so many of these people are from totally different cultures and walks of life. With the weather out there today i felt on holidays for more then one reason :P
    Why does that make you uncomfortable?

Reekwind wrote: »

Honestly at times i dont even know and thats no word of lie. I just listen and take it all in and think mmmmm this is what Ireland is now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 354 ✭✭pO1Neil

Of course it's offensive.

This type of stuff is brought on by the type of society we live in & our political leaders not doing enough to combat it or even worse at times tolerating it.

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Quite a way to go...to what exactly? Ok some ethnic diversity is great but its not like its a goal ireland MUST reach? Who says immigration is even that beneficial to ireland, Im not saying it or it isnt but are there any stats or anything on benefits of it ?

Why do we need to catch up, is homogenity even that bad. Japan seems to be doin ok for itself.

You've got a point but for this country I think it would definitely be a good thing. Japan has a much larger population which lends itself to a lot more genetic diversity (always a good thing). If you go back thousands of years, there was a civilisation in Japan which was rich in trade and plenty of subsequent genetic and social swap & meet was always going on. After the war, under the guidance of the emperor they decided to embrace the idea of internationalism and became a very tolerant and socially diverse country.

In Ireland we've been relatively isolated as a group for a few hundred years. With a small population, if only for the sake of general health and longevity, it's important to stir up that gene pool. Personally I think that it adds a more interesting dimension to the social aspects of life too, with greater tolerance of individual thought and freedom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

I just listen and take it all in and think mmmmm this is what Ireland is now?

What? A country with a few foreigners in it? Big whoop like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Reekwind wrote: »

I think he made that pretty clear later in his post.

What amuses me about people like that is their ignorance of Irish history. Ignorance of the millions of Irish that were allowed in to dozens of other countries all around the globe ver the last couple of hundred years. Ignorant of the hundreds of thousands welcomed to the UK since the war, where they collected the dole and worked and raised families.
    Now, as part of the EU deal where we have received literally tens of billions in cash fro the EU for the development of our country, a couple of hundred thousand fellow Europeans come to Ireland to work and live .... while at the same time Irish people are doing exactly the same thing in reverse ! ... and suddenly the world is coming to an end. It's pretty pathetic. And what is it with some people that have some kind of inner weakness and need to be surrounded by white celtic Irish people ? What a bore !! I love walking outside my door and passing people from every corner of the globe. Chatting to and learning about their cultures and countries and history. What TF is life about anyway ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

All cultures are beautiful , none should be prioritised over any other. We should try as best we can to preserve all cultures!

bull****e - all cultures are beautiful my arse - happy clappy vomit :mad:

dj jarvis wrote: »
    bull****e - all cultures are beautiful my arse - happy clappy vomit :mad:

Cultures may not seem beautiful to you but try to see other cultures from another perspective. europeans thought that native american culture was a pile of pooh and proceeded to decimate it and 'civilise' the natives. So many amazing cultural traditions, native languages and customs were lost forever. If we dont preserve cultures we could end up seriously regretting our decisions in future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

In Ireland we've been relatively isolated as a group for a few hundred years. With a small population, if only for the sake of general health and longevity, it's important to stir up that gene pool. Personally I think that it adds a more interesting dimension to the social aspects of life too, with greater tolerance of individual thought and freedom.

I don't agree with this, in this context. It is good to mix up the gene pool with similar but diverse genes.

Otherwise we replace one race with another or a different one, it does not prolong the health and longevity of the effected race.

Look at the Spanish and how they slaughtered all the men in regions of South America and we have today a new race called Latinos ~ technically genetically modified human beings.

One's race is carried by the male genes as dominant with the female accepting the pattern and producing a mix that eventually breeds true. The 'white' Spanish invaders, replaced a tribe [a whole population]of South American Indians and left the legacy that we have today.

Cultures may not seem beautiful to you but try to see other cultures from another perspective. europeans thought that native american culture was a pile of pooh and proceeded to decimate it and 'civilise' the natives. So many amazing cultural traditions, native languages and customs were lost forever. If we dont preserve cultures we could end up seriously regretting our decisions in future.

dont blow smoke up my arse , not ALL cultures are beautiful and need saving , stop being an apologist for some nasty nasty people and places out on out little planet.

and not to pick on ANY culture but you would like to keep things like FGM , child brides at 7 , no schooling for girls , rape , torture , wanting to wipe out "non believers" , shame murders and the list goes ON AND ON

me for one dont for one second believe that everything should be kept in that tradition - parts of it are barbaric - as with other cultures i could mention

some cultures are more tolerant than others , i want f2ck all to do with the less tolerant ones , let alone "save them" what ever the funk that clap means

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

There are more extinct and forgotten culture than there are 'surviving'. If a culture is valued by those that live it, it'll survive. If it's not it'll be subsumed, absorbed, or abandoned.

A good example here would be the Stephen's day wren. Largely forgotten all over the country, but alive and well in isolated pockets, one of these being sandymount in Dublin (?!?). There's nothing inherently to be valued in a culture, outside of the value placed in it by those to whom it belongs. Culture is really nothing more than a peoples way of 'being' in the world, and by and large, ours is barely Irish any more, bacause those who live it don't value it. Irish culture? Mostly Ant and Dec, premiership football, spending days off 'shopping'....

I've a good grasp of the language. I play traditional music. Etc. but it's not really my culture, as such. Just stuff I do.

europeans thought that native american culture was a pile of pooh and proceeded to decimate it and 'civilise' .

Not at all, the average European was aghast at what happened. What happened was Religious Conversion for the Catholic Church of Rome.

Mix in political advantage and armies of criminals, convicts and press ganged men with evangelism and a divine right and indeed a divine necessity to convert the world.

It was Religiously motivated and even funded in the first instance.

Red Nissan wrote: »
    I don't agree with this, in this context. It is good to mix up the gene pool with similar but diverse genes.

Otherwise we replace one race with another or a different one, it does not prolong the health and longevity of the effected race.

Look at the Spanish and how they slaughtered all the men in regions of South America and we have today a new race called Latinos ~ technically genetically modified human beings.

One's race is carried by the male genes as dominant with the female accepting the pattern and producing a mix that eventually breeds true. The 'white' Spanish invaders, replaced a tribe [a whole population]of South American Indians and left the legacy that we have today.

Latino is not a race....latino just means you live in the american continent anywhere south of the USA border:) There are asian latinos, Black latinos, White latinos, native american latinos. The american government classifies latino/hispanics as one race, as if everyone south of USA is one race, when theyre not. South america is very diverse. The 'latino race' youre picturing in your mind is probably a mestizo person. A mestizo is a person who is a person of mixed european ,african and native ancestory. Most south americans claim to be Mestizo. Argentina for example is almost entirely white, nearly everyone is of european descent.

What a load of waffle

dont blow smoke up my arse , not ALL cultures are beautiful and need saving , stop being an apologist for some nasty nasty people and places out on out little planet.

and not to pick on ANY culture but you would like to keep things like FGM , child brides at 7 , no schooling for girls , rape , torture , wanting to wipe out "non believers" , shame murders and the list goes ON AND ON

me for one dont for one second believe that everything should be kept in that tradition - parts of it are barbaric - as with other cultures i could mention

some cultures are more tolerant than others , i want f2ck all to do with the less tolerant ones , let alone "save them" what ever the funk that clap means
    Rape and torture arent really culture... Those are all social problems in the country not really culture problems. Obviously things like 7 year old brides and awful womens rights should be preserved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

Lux23 wrote: »
    You are walking down the street and you witness a person of colour getting racist abuse from a couple of teenagers. Do you interfere or do you just walk on assuming that the person isn't really that offended?

I think your viewpoint is a mistake, people aren't necessarily offended by these racist signs, maybe they are upset by them? They represent something a lot uglier in our society than something lefties can get offended over their hummus and crackers.

100%. Lease we forget we have had several racially motivated murders in the last few years and numerous serious racial attacks etc. The sneering, nonchalance and dismissive tones in this thread are deeply disturbing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Its great to experience different cultures try new things but thats why u go on holidays and travel.

But heavens forbid that anyone decides to choose Ireland as their destination? =/

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Genetically, there's incredibly little difference between races. Genetic diversity is always good
    Eh... no they're not :p
    Not quite sure what you're trying to say here, but both males and females carry dominant/recessive genes. And the majority of human features aren't determined by simple 2 dominant/recessive alleles, usually determined by several genes, which have several forms.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

What a load of waffle

What part?

Genetically, there's incredibly little difference between races. Genetic diversity is always good.

From this perspective, there is no difference as we are ALL from the same two genes.

In this exact case we can't produce genetic diversity, except that the process of evolution is still continuing.

In 4014 we might be talking about our ancestors as the ScienceNerd genome and we have taken on a marked increase in intellect and problem solving.

• Advertisement

Rape and torture arent really culture... Those are all social problems in the country not really culture problems. Obviously things like 7 year old brides and awful womens rights should be preserved

are they not ?? well they are more prevalent in certain cultures , square that circle for me Einstein,
    you know what i am getting at , your dream land Utopia of cultures will never happen, becasue some "cultures" want to wipe the other off the face of the earth

aspects of some cultures are repugnant to any civilized person and rather than be saved they should be eradicated , any any visitor who pushes these "values" in Ireland can funk right off back to where they came from,

FFS , look at north eastern England , some areas are de facto sharia areas , they have even ran off licences from the area becasue their "culture" demands it , woman not covered up getting abuse on the streets , then the Trojan horse schools scandal , but a white person cant say anything against this becasue apologists like you have labeled them all racist.

so would the Irish populace openly accept letting a city turn into a another cultures ghetto , with their own "culture" , somewhere the size of Limerick or waterford ?

they would in their arse

i am ALL for multiculturalism - it does a country good to have a difference of people, but asking the locals to bend to the guests culture to the determent of our people is a no no

Eh... no they're not :p

As I'm sure you know, it was a deliberate act, it was not just a coincidence of war and rape of defeated defenders from invaders.

It was deliberately executed, the men killed and the women made pregnant.

That make it genetic manipulation and the result was a new race which bred thru and mixed thereafter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

are they not ?? well they are more prevalent in certain cultures , square that circle for me Einstein,
    you know what i am getting at , your dream land Utopia of cultures will never happen, becasue some "cultures" want to wipe the other off the face of the earth

aspects of some cultures are repugnant to any civilized person and rather than be saved they should be eradicated , any any visitor who pushes these "values" in Ireland can funk right off back to where they came from,

FFS , look at north eastern England , some areas are de facto sharia areas , they have even ran off licences from the area becasue their "culture" demands it , woman not covered up getting abuse on the streets , then the Trojan horse schools scandal , but a white person cant say anything against this becasue apologists like you have labeled them all racist.

so would the Irish populace openly accept letting a city turn into a another cultures ghetto , with their own "culture" , somewhere the size of Limerick or waterford ?

they would in their arse

i am ALL for multiculturalism - it does a country good to have a difference of people, but asking the locals to bend to the guests culture to the determent of our people is a no no

Nope
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-birmingham-27355014

Seen a lot of people mentioning living in a world of tolerance..... And would do us no harm mixing our gene pool so to say......

Nah.

I'm not stupid I'm aware most of us probably somewhere down the family tree came from other regions but doesn't mean I'd like to continue that myself personally speaking.

The human race is ****ed up enough as it is. I mean to some of u amazing people in here I'm probably a perfect example :-).

they would in their arse

No no thats not what I was saying. Im fully against foreigners pushing their values and customs upon us in ireland. Its just I dont think we should be so quick to judge other cultures, from our point of view we see our culture as more progressive but in the islamic world they see our society as backward.Just because we think our views are right doesnt mean they are.

* and no that doesnt mean I'm condoning rape, torture, child marriage etc

Like for example obviously we find the women not being allowed to drive law in certain countries ridiculous, although my friend in saudi arabia who is female fully believes she shouldnt be allowed to drive. I dont understand why she doesnt think that that isnt unfair or completely insane, but I think it just shows how different peoples views in other cultures can be.

Nodin wrote: »

But they have found "significant grievances" about governance and leadership, some on a large scale.

no smoke and all that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

Like for example obviously we find the women not being allowed to drive law in certain countries ridiculous, although my friend in saudi arabia who is female fully believes she shouldnt be allowed to drive. I dont understand why she thinks that that isnt unfair or completely insane, but I think it just shows how different peoples views in other cultures can be.

Brainwashed maybe? There's no reason why a woman shouldn't be allowed drive just because she's a woman.

Although they're all so so shít at it. :) :P

No no thats not what I was saying. Im fully against foreigners pushing their values and customs upon us in ireland. Its just I dont think we should be so quick to judge other cultures, from our point of view we see our culture as more progressive but in the islamic world they see our society as backward.Just because we think our views are right doesnt mean they are.

* and no that doesnt mean I'm condoning rape, torture, child marriage etc

Like for example obviously we find the women not being allowed to drive law in certain countries ridiculous, although my friend in saudi arabia who is female fully believes she shouldnt be allowed to drive. I dont understand why she thinks that that isnt unfair or completely insane, but I think it just shows how different peoples views in other cultures can be.

to save all "beautiful" cultures would involve saving the horrors i pointed out , cant have one with out the other , and along with certain cultures finding it fine to attack , kidnap and brutally murder albino people to grind them up for BLACK MAGIC :eek: , or hunting down gay becasue gays are not part of their culture ..............

some cultures have amazing art music and folklore , but some are just backward , insular and barbaric , and IMO , not worth saving let alone finding beautiful

Like for example obviously we find the women not being allowed to drive law in certain countries ridiculous, .

Hmmmm, what were we saying about embracing and adopting other cultures, sure what could go wrong like. :)

Actually, I fully thought that women would liberate the world by now, sadly we see more women adopting the old ways, even though they are free in Ireland, than pushing for equality, which they are entitled to in Ireland.

• Advertisement

Hotale.com wrote: »
    Although they're all so so shít at it. :) :P

They think differently, that's all, their solutions are unfathomable to the average male, like if I was not in her way she would not have hit me. ?!!! :confused::pac::)

Hmmmm, what were we saying about embracing and adopting other cultures, sure what could go wrong like. :)

Actually, I fully thought that women would liberate the world by now, sadly we see more women adopting the old ways, even though they are free in Ireland, than pushing for equality, which they are entitled to in Ireland.

I think a country run by women occupying positions of power that men usually hold could be one of the most progressive and tolerant in history. Hopefully it will happen sometime in the future.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭Lastlight.

Traditions/culture are just by products of what people do from day to day in order to survive and entertain themselves. They are always changing. The notion that you would intentionally preserve them is a relatively new thing in human history and seems to have come about with the invention of the nation state in the 19th century. Some of them happen to be good in the sense that they're an effective way of doing things or people just enjoy doing them, in other words they've stood the test of time, which is a good reason to preserve them but preserving them out of some sort of "duty" to the tribe as a means of discriminating that tribe from others and satisfying the primal need to prove that you belong to that tribe is a very unhealthy line of thought and often a dangerous road to go down...imo.
    People want to live in Ireland and not Romania or Poland. It ceases being Irish and that is the issue.

They think differently, that's all, their solutions are unfathomable to the average male, like if I was not in her way she would not have hit me. ?!!! :confused::pac::)

I couldn't blame them for wanting to drive into a Red Nissan to be fair :p :pac:

I think a country run by women occupying positions of power that men usually hold could be one of the most progressive and tolerant in history. Hopefully it will happen sometime in the future.

like Ireland today ?

The entire legal structure at this moment in Ireland has woman as the top dogs in each post , whoever control's the law , control's the land.

Jesus.

Thankfully u don't have the power to make those decision s

• Advertisement

How?

God, I love causal sexism. Really struggling to refrain from posting some. :pac:

like Ireland today ?

The entire legal structure at this moment in Ireland has woman as the top dogs in each post , whoever control's the law , control's the land.

Maybe thats why its a great country to live in then

Maybe thats why its a great country to live in then

my sarcasm detector has just blown up - thanks

I could go along with that, BUT ~ I don't like female quotas, it should happen because the woman wants to contribute.

my sarcasm detector has just blown up - thanks

No haha i was serious. I love ireland :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement