Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

''Shocking'' racist message on n7

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭fullaljackeen

kingchess wrote: »
    is English your first language??

Would you object to Irish being his first language?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

kingchess wrote: »
    is English your first language??

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Nodin wrote: »
    ....what the jaysus is that meant to mean, or related to?

It means because black children didn't have their first communion, there'll be rivers of blood because they will be killed before their confirmation. Just like Colin Powell said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Despite what the PC brigade think, from an economic POV, Ireland is suffering. We are not attracting repeat business. I will dig the figures out later. The "Irish" angle is dead. Tourists visiting Ireland do not want "Paul" polskie, "Anwar", islam or "Chimi" Buddist, being part of their Irish experience. Why would they for FFS?

While tourism is but a micro representation of life on this island, it still represents a rather large part of what we project. Us that live here have differing opinions, but the whole "Irish" thing is being beaten into the ground by the en masse acceptance of cultures. Why? Is it because we try to be "liberal"? Are we so insecure as a nation that we feel obliged? Are we so blasted by a 1000 years of invasion, that we feel we deserve it? Look around us. Irishness is disappearing quicker than farts in the wind. We can accept other cultures and be Irish at the same time, but as a race we seem to succumb to immigrants and roll over. Why? Because we have always done that. Its what we do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Despite what the PC brigade think, from an economic POV, Ireland is suffering. We are not attracting repeat business. I will dig the figures out later. The "Irish" angle is dead. Tourists visiting Ireland do not want "Paul" polskie, "Anwar", islam or "Chimi" Buddist, being part of their Irish experience. Why would they for FFS?

While tourism is but a micro representation of life on this island, it still represents a rather large part of what we project. Us that live here have differing opinions, but the whole "Irish" thing is being beaten into the ground by the en masse acceptance of cultures. Why? Is it because we try to be "liberal"? Are we so insecure as a nation that we feel obliged? Are we so blasted by a 1000 years of invasion, that we feel we deserve it? Look around us. Irishness is disappearing quicker than farts in the wind. We can accept other cultures and be Irish at the same time, but as a race we seem to succumb to immigrants and roll over. Why? Because we have always done that. Its what we do.

Tell me three ways we have "rolled over" to the (for eg) Polish community.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Oh God. Don't slate the liberals. They have their heart set on Ireland transforming into a Leninist, Godforsaken hellhole.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭kingchess

Would you object to Irish being his first language?

no.I would be impressed I am trying to improve my own Irish.

Yes, it wasn't the high cost of holidaying in Ireland, as has been acknowledged by Tourism Ireland which has seen a strong growth in the sector since it has become more competitive, it was the immigrants. THE IMMIGRANTS!!!

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Liberal = someone who wants to turn a society into a Leninist one.

The levels of crazy here tonight are spiralling out of control.

Wonder will the groups that it's ok to be racist to be provided at some stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Its very obvious.

If it's so obvious then you should have no trouble telling us who aren't as astute as you are.
    Despite what the PC brigade think, from an economic POV, Ireland is suffering. We are not attracting repeat business.

Tourist numbers were actually up in 2013 - Source

They did drop off alright a few years ago but that was probably more to do with the global recession than someone from Poland serving an American a fry.

I do enjoy a novel approach to xenophobia though so blaming immigrants for a drop off in tourism is enjoyable from that angle even if it is a load of absolute boll*cks.

strobe wrote: »
    So it was the communists that did it? I had my money on the butler. It's ALWAYS the butler.

Well the butler is part of the proletariat uprising which overthrow the gentry. It is always the butler.

Yes, it wasn't the high cost of holidaying in Ireland, as has been acknowledged by Tourism Ireland which has seen a strong growth in the sector since it has become more competitive, it was the immigrants. THE IMMIGRANTS!!!

The high cost is about the same as the UK. Which has a tourist industry which is many times greater than ours.

The cost argument is as much of a BS argument as anybodies.

Magaggie wrote: »

Lol. The useful idiot speaks out!

Banned.

Mod.

• Advertisement

AND high cost of service and LACK of identity. In other words, one could fly to Poland and have a great holiday served by Polish people and have an ethnic experience and a genuine experience and to punch one in the face, CHEAPER too.

The cost argument holds more water than the immigrant one to be honest.

But you still haven't responded to my link that shows an actual increase in tourism last year even though immigration rose didn't it?

How does that work? :confused:

Surely if the immigrants are killing the tourist industry the more immigrants we have the less tourists we should be getting?

You've also neglected to provide us with a list of who we can be racist against on boards.

The high cost is about the same as the UK. Which has a tourist industry which is many times greater than ours.

England is a country of 60 million people. Ireland has less people than the Greater Manchester area. Naturally their tourist industry is going to be many times bigger than ours.

The Irish Tourist Industry Confederation have said:
    The body said that one of the biggest challenges is remaining competitive and not repeating the mistakes of the past, when high costs made Ireland too expensive for most visitors.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/business/growth-to-continue-for-2014-says-tourism-body-253853.html

It's hardly a BS argument.

But let's blame the immigrants instead. THE IMMIGRANTS!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Nodin wrote: »
    Tell me three ways we have "rolled over" to the (for eg) Polish community.

You really are some tit! You highlight one point and refer it (for eg) to Polish people. You haven't a feckin clue buddy, of what I am talking about. You are yet another apologist, frightened little Irish bunny hell bent on making my post seem more than it is.

My point is so far above your head that you can't understand it. I'm talking about a mentality. A mentality that treats anything different with disdain and fear. A mentality that isn't capable of understanding another culture. This is were the Irish roll over because we are not allowed or be conditioned to be critical without guilt or condemnation.

Now, sell cheaper and one may not accrue the returns, but value for money/service/ attractions ? against just London. ?

That attitude killed the B&B industry in Ireland who thought they offered a better service because it was personal, when in fact for years, one could get a 4 star hotel for less with infinitely better service and cuisine.

• Advertisement

My point is so far above your head that you can't understand it. I'm talking about a mentality. A mentality that treats anything different with disdain and fear. A mentality that isn't capable of understanding another culture. This is were the Irish roll over because we are not allowed or be conditioned to be critical without guilt or condemnation.

I'm confused. Do we treat immigrants with disdain or do we roll over without being critical?

You really are some tit! You highlight one point and refer it (for eg) to Polish people. You haven't a feckin clue buddy, of what I am talking about. You are yet another apologist, frightened little Irish bunny hell bent on making my post seem more than it is..

That's me. Big bunny.

...ahh, the irony.

Any chance of those examples of us Bunnys rolling over?

It's hardly a BS argument.

But let's blame the immigrants instead. THE IMMIGRANTS!!!

Its a BS argument. The equivalent of "the immigrants" as you put it argument. We don't try hard enough is the fact. Driving down costs is a direct attack on wages. A sure fire way of getting the best people out of the tourist industry.

Lol. The useful idiot speaks out!
    Don't get so upset and angry over being merely disagreed with/the holes in what you're saying being pointed out/the request for back-up for your statements.

I'm confused. Do we treat immigrants with disdain or do we roll over without being critical?

In Cork the Evening Echo is sold by a variety of colors on the streets, if one is interested, one can look up declining sales, but I'm sure that has more to do with poor journalism and editing.

Don't get so upset and angry over being merely disagreed with/the holes in what you're saying being pointed out/the request for back-up for your statements.

Angry? Did you miss the part where I laughed out loud?

You're funny.

Red Nissan wrote: »
    In Cork the Evening Echo is sold by a variety of colors on the streets, if one is interested, one can look up declining sales, but I'm sure that has more to do with poor journalism and editing.

Print media is dying on its arse. You can check every paper in the country and see corresponding declining sales. That is nowt to do with the papers being sold by immigrants.

Angry? Did you miss the part where I laughed out loud?

You're funny.
    How is calling someone an idiot for disagreeing with you (and STILL not backing up what you stated) not anger?

Print media is dying on its arse. You can check every paper in the country and see corresponding declining sales. That is nowt to do with the papers being sold by immigrants.

I site the East Cork Journal in contention.

How is calling someone an idiot for disagreeing with you (and STILL not backing up what you stated) not anger?

lol.
    I said useful idiot.

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CC0QkA4oADAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FUseful_Idiot&ei=MzF9U5XYKO-y7Aa2roDwBA&usg=AFQjCNFucQUyiR7NjMRCPof4MaRZJ38i1A&bvm=bv.67229260,d.ZGU

I think you should have a look at that link before you accuse people of calling other people an idiot.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 354 ✭✭pO1Neil

What's your point? We'll be turning this country into a red utopia soon so your better of just joining the revolution.

pO1Neil wrote: »
    What's your point? We'll be turning this country into a red utopia soon so your better of just joining the revolution.
    My point is that liberal does not automatically mean wanting to turn a society into a Leninist one.
    And no thanks. Far left loons are, in some ways, as bad as far right ones.

Red Nissan wrote: »
    I site the East Cork Journal in contention.

You can cite it but do you have anything to back it up? I can't find anything online...

On Medialive The ECJ seems to sell about 6,150 according to the publisher (most likely unverified) and the Evening Echo sells 15,397 according to the ABC circulation figures for January-June 2013.

I can't find anything to show that figures went up or down but the ABCs for that period show the sharp decline in newspaper figures - something that I'm sure is reflected in the Evening Papers

http://www.ilevel.ie/media-blog/print/abc-jan-june-2013-morning-newspapers

Far left loons are, in some ways, as bad as far right ones.

No I believe they are not, far left keeps one in prison and one finds god, the far right saves that expense with a bullet.

You can cite it but do you have anything to back it up? I can't find anything online...s

The Evening Echo is legally a NEW paper as it went bankrupt last year and legally started again.

It's just over a year old and not 150 years as the ads say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

People saying it's not racist are usually white people.

People saying it's not racist are usually white people.

Another drink there boy! Ta!

I've spent the last 5 years getting a bus down to O'Connell St. then walking to college. It's so awful hearing all those voices I can't quite make out and seeing those different skintones. How I love the nights I stay late and walk through a scene from a zombie film instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Bloe Joggs

Wow, that paragraph is so full of hateful nationalism. All these ideas are vague abstractions like...."Irishness"....in other words a collective identity doled out at birth that you're supposed to uphold in the name of the nation state. F**k that *S**t....I've got my own identity and I'm not going to be dictated to on how to conduct my life. My interests, tastes, hobbies, personality, character are all my own, I don't need anyone shoving a pre-packaged version of what I'm supposed to be down my throat. Nationalists never see the big picture, they think they're rebels standing up to some sort of imaginary global conspiracy when they are actually social conformists swallowing the version of themselves that they've been sold by their manipulators.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

funk-you wrote: »
    You need to share the world, not build a wall around your little bit of it.

-Funk

Well said Funk. That's the spirit.

Oh eh, I got evicted earlier today, so myself and the family will be kipping in yours for a few weeks if that's alright?

But sure you'll be grand with that won't ya. I mean, what with you not believing in walls and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Bloe Joggs

Well said Funk. That's the spirit.

Oh eh, I got evicted earlier today, so myself and the family will be kipping in yours for a few weeks if that's alright?

But sure you'll be grand with that won't ya. I mean, what with you not believing in walls and all.

You could always just state your position on that rather than playing verbal games to try catch someone out because you mightn't like what he says. He's referring to things on a macro geographic level, not someone's family shelter. There isn't even the remotest comparison.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

The world has gone soft.

Bloe Joggs wrote: »
    Wow, that paragraph is so full of hateful nationalism. All these ideas are vague abstractions like...."Irishness"....in other words a collective identity doled out at birth that you're supposed to uphold in the name of the nation state. F**k that *S**t....I've got my own identity and I'm not going to be dictated to on how to conduct my life. My interests, tastes, hobbies, personality, character are all my own, I don't need anyone shoving a pre-packaged version of what I'm supposed to be down my throat. Nationalists never see the big picture, they think they're rebels standing up to some sort of imaginary global conspiracy when they are actually social conformists swallowing the version of themselves that they've been sold by their manipulators.

Don't generalise, whatever you do.

I'm still waiting to hear who I'm allowed be racist about. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

Shocking. Yeah... it's shocking that people have to use graffiti to ask a reasonable question because public discourse on immigration and its effects is so controlled by the media and political elite, who usually live as far as they can from areas with high numbers of "new Irish".
    I'm still waiting to hear who I'm allowed be racist about.

They'll publish the 2014 list in a few days, I've heard. It needed to be updated because someone gave a Bhutanese immigrant the evil eye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭GardenMadness

Interesting discussion. I note that the brave defenders of pure Irish culture have actually adopted a foreign culture - that of the British adult comics aimed at the very hard of reading.

Honestly, can't you ape something a bit better?

In the interests of preserving Irish culture, I assume ye are beating down the doors to the Irish language classes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Most likely an accurate prediction, and the Irish appear to not like the result!

stannis wrote: »
    They'll publish the 2014 list in a few days, I've heard. It needed to be updated because someone gave a Bhutanese immigrant the evil eye.

No. Apparently there's an obvious group of people we're allowed be racist against on boards.ie

I'm just waiting to find out who.

I'm hoping for the Andorrans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

stannis wrote: »
    Shocking. Yeah... it's shocking that people have to use graffiti to ask a reasonable question because public discourse on immigration and its effects is so controlled by the media and political elite, who usually live as far as they can from areas with high numbers of "new Irish".

So stating that Jews control the world is asking a "reasonable question" is it? Jesus wept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Bloe Joggs wrote: »
    You could always just state your position on that rather than playing verbal games to try catch someone out because you mightn't like what he says. He's referring to things on a macro geographic level, not someone's family shelter. There isn't even the remotest comparison.

Ah now don't be sly, sharing is caring.

• Advertisement
Advertisement