Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second hand furniture store

Options
  • 21-05-2014 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi everybody, new here. I was wondering is there a good second hand furniture store in Galway?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,458 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Check out the St Vincent de Paul shop on Merchants Road. They can have good and inexpensive stuff sometimes and you are supporting a charity as well.
    They seem to have strange opening hours though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 luceyjuicey

Check out the St Vincent de Paul shop on Merchants Road. They can have good and inexpensive stuff sometimes and you are supporting a charity as well.
    They seem to have strange opening hours though.

Cheers, they were the first and only one I've actually set foot in, was a bit disappointing. I understand it is second hand but apart from bedside lockers and very tatty sofas, it was pretty poor

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Cash Factory, think theyre somewhere on the Tuam Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

The Simon Community furniture shop in Briarhill might be worth a look: http://www.galwaysimonfurniture.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

Have been to the Simon Shop and tbh I thought their stuff was terrible. Not really suitable for redistribution. Very grumpy/tatty.

There's another furniture place in that complex over near DID electric. It's preloved and very well presented. A lot of it looks almost new. Very reasonable prices too.

• Advertisement

Actually come to think of it, just saw in the paper that there us a furniture liquidation sale in Liosban this weekend. Heard it was an EZ living end of line sale

• Registered Users Posts: 25,959 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Cash Factory, think theyre somewhere on the Tuam Road.

Now in Riverside commercial estate.

Ireland doesn't do 2nd hand furniture well, IMHO. So don't be expecting much
    much.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,458 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

TOLCO Antiques about three miles out the Headford Road. He does some newer stuff as well as antiques. Wouldn't be the cheapest but he likes to haggle.
    He has an auction every month or so as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Apart from little stuff there's slim pickings in 2nd hand shops. The shop on merchants road is almost empty, but I bet if you knew when new stock came in you'd have a better chance as I'd say it's pounced on.
    Adverts.ie is good for tables etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

The Simon shop is woeful. I know it's a charity shop and they get it for free and all but most of the stuff should be in Carrowbrowne.

Not New Trading have a place up in the Ballybane Industrial Estate. Yellow building on the right hand side as you come up the hill from Monaghans.
    I think it has strange opening hours though.

Apart from that, Donedeal and Adverts would be your best bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

There's a really good inexpensive furniture place where Mangans was on the Monivea Rd up from Eircom.

Ah, found it:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mega-Discount-Depot-Galway/389787167761941

Look out for the giant Buddah!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭sonandheir

dizzymiss wrote: »
    Actually come to think of it, just saw in the paper that there us a furniture liquidation sale in Liosban this weekend. Heard it was an EZ living end of line sale

looking for something in ez living when does this sale start?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

sonandheir wrote: »
    looking for something in ez living when does this sale start?

Just got this text from them.

MASSIVE FURNITURE CLEARANCE SALE! This Fri, Sat & Sun. Sofas, Dining & Bedroom at crazy prizes! Furniture Outlet Store Liosban Ind. Est

They should have put some opening hours on it.

MASSIVE FURNITURE CLEARANCE SALE! This Fri, Sat & Sun. Sofas, Dining & Bedroom at crazy prizes! Furniture Outlet Store Liosban Ind. Est

think it's 10-7 the three days

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭jj72

Folks is this a second hand sale??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

jj72 wrote: »
    Folks is this a second hand sale??

Last time it was furniture ez living purchase from the liquidators of curleys so technically yes it was but not sure about this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 stauntj

hi luceyjuicey,

im going cracked at the moment looking for an inexpensive king size divan base so I can tell you that cash factory have decent quality second hand and reasonably priced new stuff - on tuam road near musgraves

the simon community shop has low quality products at expensive prices. They are better than they were but still not great.
    the buddha place near eircom on monivea road is currently closed, its been closed for ages but recently has a sign up 'opening soon'

Thats as far as I've got, would recommend trying cash factory first or adverts.ie or done deal perhaps. I like adverts because you can make offers online and its up to seller to take it or not.

Most liquidation sales seem to be a load of poop, i was at a liquidation place in liosban last year aint nothing so cheap in there but they did have nice stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Why don't you try Adverts or Done Deal? We sold a heap of the most gorgeous furniture for a fraction of what we paid for it on Adverts and Done Deal when we were moving house.

Advertisement