Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depositing money at the branch into a 3rd party account

Options
  • 21-05-2014 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I need to make a transfer/deposit into a friends account by Friday, and as I haven't added them as payee in my Banking 365 online account  yet, I'm guessing I won't get my pin to make them a payee in time.

With that said, they do have their own account at the same BOI branch I do.  Is it possible then to transfer the money via my debit card at the branch in person if I have all of their account details on the same day?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi blapabrew22, 

Thanks for posting. 

You can visit a Bank of Ireland branch and make a transfer to another BOI account. Please ensure to bring your Visa Debit card. If you are transferring a large amount, please also bring photo Id. 

It is not possible to make a rent payment. The reason for this is that it is not possible to include a narrative on the transaction and this is needed for rent payments. Narratives can be included on transfers made online. 

I hope this helps.

Billy 

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭blapabrew22

Hi blapabrew22, 

Thanks for posting. 

You can visit a Bank of Ireland branch and make a transfer to another BOI account. Please ensure to bring your Visa Debit card. If you are transferring a large amount, please also bring photo Id. 

It is not possible to make a rent payment. The reason for this is that it is not possible to include a narrative on the transaction and this is needed for rent payments. Narratives can be included on transfers made online. 

I hope this helps.

Billy 
    Thanks Billy, that's exactly what I was hoping was the case, and it's not a rent payment so should be grand.  Cheers!

Advertisement