Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

16L Knapsack - How much Gallup/Roundup?

Options
  • 21-05-2014 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭

How much gallup /round up should be used in a 16l knapsack sprayer before diluting it with water?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Gerobrien25

its normally 90 ml for 4.5L which is 320 ml for 16 L. The ratio is 20 ml per 1L

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I use half that myself, the concentration is determined by what you are spraying. Are you doing just normal domestic stuff (around hedges, driveway edges etc) or are you spraying off a meadow?

I put 150ml roundup into a full 16L sprayer (domestic spraying).
    Spray on a dry bright day (no wind).
    After 7-10 days the weeds start to wilt.
    After 14 days almost everything is completely dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Just domestic spraying thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Shaunoc

I'm just in the door from doing 3 * 16 litre packs. I went for 100:1 ratio. 160 ml. And then a small drop for luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Going by the recommend rates, I use -

20ml per litre for spraying at 4l/Ha
    30ml per litre for spraying at 6l/Ha.

So you need 320ml - 480ml in a 16l sprayer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Bump. What is the maximum concentration that can be safely used? I use 200ml to 10 litres to kill very tough weeds.

Maximum rate for would be 300ml to 10 litres. This and the rates above are for roundup. That strength can kill even Ivy if sprayed on the underside of the leaf.

Advertisement