Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shandon Court

Options
  • 21-05-2014 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

Has seen a property in this area that looks interesting. Just wondering if the area is safe?

Thanks,

Charlie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I had friends who lived there about 2 or 3 years ago and there were problems with some of the tenants in the block they lived in; general anti-social behaviour, bikes stolen etc... Not sure what it's like now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭moose3844

I lived in Shandon Court for 2 years and I never had a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭ei9go

CharlieQ wrote: »
    Hi,

Has seen a property in this area that looks interesting. Just wondering if the area is safe?

Thanks,

Charlie

Renting or Buying?

There are severe issues if buying ,and your solicitor will eventually tell you not to buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Deise Packers

Hi Op,
    I lived up there for over a year with partner and young child and wouldn't recommend it tbh. Can be fairly noisy at weekends added to the fact the apartments seemed to be of poor build quality, paper thin walls so when neighbours were partying and quite a lot of them did wave bye bye to sleep. Property company(not naming but ya can guess) don't do any reference checks and will move anyone in next door to ya. No privacy whatsoever if on the ground floor. We had constant problems with the children of about 3 familys of Romanys that were moved in there constantly hanging around looking in our windows tormenting our little one and the adults congregating/drinking in the common areas outside. It's basically session city up there and the property company will promise ya the stars until ya sign the lease and find out what its really like, Stay well clear if I was you.

Advertisement