Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airtricity -> Electric Ireland cock up

Options
  • 21-05-2014 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭

I moved house in January and rang EI to setup the electric account. The previous tenant was a customer of Airtricity and as such I was advised that it would take 10 working days or so to transfer the account.

Due to some cock up between Airtricity and Electric Ireland the account wasn't actually moved until the middle of March. I rang on a few occasions to find out what the story was and was told that due to the cock up, my account with EI wouldn't have started until that date in March and as the cock up was through no fault of mine, EI would absorb the charges for the period January to March.

Fast forward to a few days ago and I received a bill from Airtricty addressed to "New Customer" at my address covering the aforementioned period, January to March. I don't know anyone by the name of "New Customer" but I decided to open it anyway.

Please advise

Edit: PS was incorrect in previous version.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Good afternoon,

In order for us to advise, we would need to review the specific details. When possible, can you please private message me your Electric Ireland account number or, if you do not have that, the meter point reference number (MPRN) of your address, and your name, address and telephone number.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement