Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why are you a big dirty glory hunter?

2»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

yomtea98 wrote: »
    I don't have a headset, never had. I dunno who you have confused me with there.

Nah, only one Yomtea98 on PSN and here I know of :)

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭ManofStraw

The thing I don't like about these arguments are the claims of support your "local team". I don't know about anyone else but the nearest team to me is about 45 mins away from me, in a different county, in an area I don't particularly like and I have the same amount in common with people there as I do with people in any English city. None of that sounds local to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭miroslavklose

I'd be surprised if you had as much in common with somebody in Newcastle as you do with somebody in the town 30 miles away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

MagicIRL wrote: »
    LOI football is terrible to watch and LOI fans come across as the absolute worse kind of people.

Posts like this are even worse than the OP, which is also shocking.

These threads are tiresome. What difference does it make to you OP who people support? Just go enjoy watching your local LOI team and let other people do what they want. Try sell live local football for them for sure, but don't just attack them over something stupid.
    To be fair, and it's not something I obsess over, but it makes a huge difference who people support.

See the Brendan Rodgers youth footballer thread for examples.

Those people who support foreign teams at the expense of (rather than along with) an Irish team are one of the key reasons why football in this country (from bottom to top) is in such a poor state.

Less so as individuals, I mean how much difference does one person make, but as a collective these people are far more detrimental than even the much maligned FAI.

Rant over. I don't really make a habit of hassling people over who they support (a at least not anymore) but to suggest that it makes no difference to us is a nonsense argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

CSF wrote: »
    To be fair, and it's not something I obsess over, but it makes a huge difference who people support.

See the Brendan Rodgers youth footballer thread for examples.

Those people who support foreign teams at the expense of (rather than along with) an Irish team are one of the key reasons why football in this country (from bottom to top) is in such a poor state.

Less so as individuals, I mean how much difference does one person make, but as a collective these people are far more detrimental than even the much maligned FAI.

Rant over. I don't really make a habit of hassling people over who they support (a at least not anymore) but to suggest that it makes no difference to us is a nonsense argument.

Thats quite a bold statement, how do you believe it to be so?

Fescue wrote: »
    Thats quite a bold statement, how do you believe it to be so?

Fairly obvious, no? If that collective were attending matches there would be much less of a need for resources from an ultimately inept FAI who will never be able to provide them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

MagicIRL wrote: »
    LOI football is terrible to watch and LOI fans come across as the absolute worse kind of people.

Come across as?

Didn't you know we are worse than genocidal maniacs?

Fairly obvious, no? If that collective were attending matches there would be much less of a need for resources from an ultimately inept FAI who will never be able to provide them.

Why are they not attending matches though? That is the question. Ireland has a massive sporting culture, hundreds of thousands attend various sporting events throughout the country each year.

• Advertisement

Why are they not attending matches though?.

Eh didn't you read the thread title?

Eh didn't you read the thread title?

I don't see how the thread title answers my question but leaving it aside, why don't people attend LOI matches? They are willing to attend many
    other sporting events, why not LoI?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Why are they not attending matches though? That is the question. Ireland has a massive sporting culture, hundreds of thousands attend various sporting events throughout the country each year.

Smaller population base

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Smaller population base

As in there isn't a big enough population to sustain the LoI?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

As in there isn't a big enough population to sustain the LoI?

Its sustainable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

yomtea98 wrote: »
    Why do support a team in England, Germany or Spain? Get out and support your local team.

Don't be such a bossy boots.

For those of you who genuinely wish to debate on how to fix the league/discuss why the league is as it is etc... here's the thread for you.
    Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Just to clarify before I properly contribute to this thread, is the OP himself a so called big dirty glory hunter (I'm just quoting the thread title mods)?

Ah screw it, I won't wait for a reply. He's never once commented on local football, other than talking about Ireland, but once they were knocked out, he was rooting for Spain. He's a Man United supporter. He's also a rage quitter on FIFA and shouts a lot of abuse too which is amusing.
    I've said it twice now. Don't try to make it out like I've said it far more than I have. The first and last time being two months ago when you were doing your schtick in the Liverpool thread.

You repeatedly shouting abuse down your headset stands out as one of the more amusing moments in online gaming I've had, then proceeding to rage quit when 3-0 down at half time. Funnier even more considering you are the one who went out of your way to add me for a match. Hard to forget the good laugh I got out of it, tbh :pac:

Sure thing on the Cork City spiel.
    Nah, only one Yomtea98 on PSN and here I know of :)

You've got a personal issue with the poster Nuri, bring it to PM. The PS talk has no relevance here.

I'm closing this thread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement