Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card text

Options
  • 21-05-2014 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭

Hi, my Company recieved a text yesterday from BOI to ask us to confirm whether 2 recent transactions were done by us. I didnt think BOI would ever send a text message?? It said to reply with 'mine' or false or something like that. Would this be BOI or is it a scam? The transactions did actually happen so I guess it might be the bank. Its just very strange to get a text mesage with all the security warnings out there!  Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi snowgal[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for contacting us on Boards.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]We can confirm our Card Security Team may send a text or call a Credit Card holder if they need to confirm the validity of a transaction. They may also ask in the text to confirm this, although they will never ask for account details or password information.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If the Card holder would like to confirm the validity of the text, they can certainly contact Card Guard on 01 488 5466 and a representative will be happy to assist.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I hope this information helps. If you have any further questions, please do feel free to post again.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alison[/font]

Advertisement