Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

found spider nest. (no pictures please)

• 21-05-2014 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

I have just come across a nest of hundreds of baby spiders on a rosebush in my garden.

How do I get rid? I have such a huge fear of spiders!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

cruais wrote: »
    I have just come across a nest of hundreds of baby spiders on a rosebush in my garden.

How do I get rid? I have such a huge fear of spiders!

Sure just leave them alone and they'll leave. They make parachutes and float away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Im afraid they will use their little parachutes to get into my house :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Leave them alone. They are harmless & outside. I doubt you will have a sudden spider invasion in your house but if you keep removing any spiders, you might find lots of flies around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Ive just found another. ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I'm sure if I went outside to my garden I would find loads. Its the time of year for it. We just leave them be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

cruais wrote: »
    Ive just found another. ..

You are going to find spiders in your garden. Its a garden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Think of all the millions of flies if there are no spiders to eat them. Spiders are an important part of the ecosystem, not only will they get rid of the pesky flies but they are food for birds and other animals.

I hate flies and bluebottles. That's the reason I've not dusted down the cobwebs.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

most unlikely the whole family are there anyway in some species the female eats the male after mating and the young eat the mother after hatching

Advertisement