Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Show - Friday May 23rd 2014

1101112131416»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Somebody posted some footage from the One Direction gig last nite. Really didnt look like much of a show...

They look like a load of kids running round a play centre.. I was just waiting for one of them to dive in to the ball pool..

1309249738867.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Trousers so tight they can barely put one foot in front of the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,598 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Somebody posted some footage from the One Direction gig last nite. Really didnt look like much of a show...

I was expecting Pat Sharp to run onstage with Melanie and Martina and shout 'Let's re-run the fun!' :)

Speaking of poor shows... First review of what Tubridy would refer to himself as his "Johnny McAwkward Pants" moment last night on The Late Late Show, when Jonah Hill was "acting the maggot"...

So Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum’s Late Late interview was excruciatingly awkward
    This exchange really cements it all.
    Jonah: Are you nervous? You seem real nervous.
    Ryan: [Channing's] not wearing socks!
    Jonah: It’s OK! I feel like you’re a little nervous
    Jonah: Man you’re so f**king nervous. I feel bad that you seem so nervous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Speaking of poor shows... First review of what Tubridy would refer to himself as his "Johnny McAwkward Pants" moment last night on The Late Late Show, when Jonah Hill was "acting the maggot"...

So Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum’s Late Late interview was excruciatingly awkward
    I don't think RTE have any idea how bad things are, but surely this was noticed! Tubs record with the hollywood types is 100% awkward!

• Advertisement

I don't think RTE have any idea how bad things are, but surely this was noticed! Tubs record with the hollywood types is 100% awkward!

You'd wonder do RTE ever feel like ringing up Noel Kelly and querying what exactly he's sold them... I can imagine them saying something like...

"We realise that it's important that a presenter needs to try to keep things fresh, but does he have to make it look like every single interview is his first one ever".

You'd wonder do RTE ever feel like ringing up Noel Kelly and querying what exactly he's sold them... I can imagine them saying something like...

"We realise that it's important that a presenter needs to try to keep things fresh, but does he have to make it look like every single interview is his first one ever".
    I'd like to see a list of tubs material from that interview...."do ya like oireland, hows your accent....do ya know fassbender"...ehen you stop and think about it for a second, it's laziest presenting i've ever seen!....imagine what would happen if graham norton forgot how to present live on air!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭realweirdo

Beginning to feel sorry for Tubs at this stage, woefully out of his depth with interviews like this, just completely wooden, and his main "skill" seems to be an ability to read from a cue card which is not a skill at all. What saves him every year is the Toy Show, when huge viewing figures are artificially inflated by children watching to see the latest toys and no other reason. For the remainder of the reason the rest of us must suffer.

we joke here every week about the misery section, and now it seems they are ill-equipped to do the fun interviews! What is the late late show anymore....what is it??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

i didn't see it live and was resisting watching it but clicked on the link above and I hid behind the chair. Goooood god awkward TV. you need a charmer for the late late like Eamon Holmes or someone like that..
    Tubs is dreadful. It's almost funny now as he is dreadful at all of these interviews.
    he should head off to the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

we joke here every week about the misery section, and now it seems they are ill-equipped to do the fun interviews! What is the late late show anymore....what is it??

Bring back the panel.

Any time they have done the panel in the last year or so it has worked...

Advertisement