Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOR scope opinions

Options
  • 21-05-2014 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭

I am seriously considering purchasing the following scope, seems very impressive. What do ye reckon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

watched rexs vid on it yestersay,the only thing id be careful about is with some ffp scopes the reticles subtensions(lines) are extremely thick so that when you zoom out to low powers you can still see the reticle.
    This makes them very hard to shoot tight groups with as you are covering alot of your aiming point s&b p4l reticle takes up .75 inch at 300 yards so its tough then to shoot a small group when the lines are that thick in comparison to a nightforce npr2 which would only take up .18 of an inch at 300 yards.
    Those ffp scopes are great for tactical matches but imo but suffer for target shooting for really accurate rifles capable of shooting 1/3 moa or less

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

gearoidol wrote: »
    watched rexs vid on it yestersay,the only thing id be careful about is with some ffp scopes the reticles subtensions(lines) are extremely thick so that when you zoom out to low powers you can still see the reticle.
    This makes them very hard to shoot tight groups with as you are covering alot of your aiming point s&b p4l reticle takes up .75 inch at 300 yards so its tough then to shoot a small group when the lines are that thick in comparison to a nightforce npr2 which would only take up .18 of an inch at 300 yards.
    Those ffp scopes are great for tactical matches but imo but suffer for target shooting for really accurate rifles capable of shooting 1/3 moa or less

What he said. I would just add that some IOR scopes can be picky with eye relief. I know nothing about that exact scope but for IOR in general, the glass is good and they track well/repeatable/hold zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

I remember you discussing this when you were choosing your scope, I already have a FFP scope and can live with it. To be honest I prefer them! I'm not overly worried about shooting long distance groups, once I can shoot a tight group at 100 yards to confirm zero and hit what I want out to what i want I'm happy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

patsat wrote: »
    I remember you discussing this when you were choosing your scope, I already have a FFP scope and can live with it. To be honest I prefer them! I'm not overly worried about shooting long distance groups, once I can shoot a tight group at 100 yards to confirm zero and hit what I want out to what i want I'm happy! :D

Other than that pat it looks a great scope,glass sounds tier1,and 28x is excellent for a Ffp,like the zero stop design and also the ability to change the zero mark,sounds great,

If ur into Ffp I wonder what those nightforce beast are like ?

Other than that pat it looks a great scope,glass sounds tier1,and 28x is excellent for a Ffp,like the zero stop design and also the ability to change the zero mark,sounds great,

If ur into Ffp I wonder what those nightforce beast are like ?

That change of zero sounds very handy, either for a second weight ammo or for the change of impact between a mod on/off.

Nightforce Beast still isn't available it seems, only a select actually have it! Seems very beefy to me and when you consider the price of the Beast and the Pm2 the IOR just gets more and more attractive!

• Advertisement

Picked up the Ior Recon from Dominic Byrne yesterday. To say I am pleased is an understatement!!

Everything you expect from a top end scope and the glass is outstanding, as good as if not better than the Atacr. With the quality of this scope and the features it has, it is comparable to the top end scopes like the pm2 and Atacr but at a much cheaper price.

Mounted it yesterday and after a quick zero had it shooting at 600 yards, it tracked perfectly using the same amount if elevation as I used on my last scope.

It is mounted on a 0 Moa rail and still has over 17 Mil of elevation left in it...and I use less than 9 mils to get to 1000 yards! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

patsat wrote: »
    Picked up the Ior Recon from Dominic Byrne yesterday. To say I am pleased is an understatement!!

Everything you expect from a top end scope and the glass is outstanding, as good as if not better than the Atacr. With the quality of this scope and the features it has, it is comparable to the top end scopes like the pm2 and Atacr but at a much cheaper price.

Mounted it yesterday and after a quick zero had it shooting at 600 yards, it tracked perfectly using the same amount if elevation as I used on my last scope.

It is mounted on a 0 Moa rail and still has over 17 Mil of elevation left in it...and I use less than 9 mils to get to 1000 yards! :D

Very nice! All the chicks love a 40mm tube ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Man that is one sweet rig you got there now. very nice indeed. :cool::cool:

Advertisement