Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bendy bus in Limerick City

• 21-05-2014 5:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

Was in Limerick over the weekend and saw an articulated bus travelling towards castletroy near to Homebase on the Childers Road. It was green in colour. am just wondering is this on a regular route, have others seen it, and who is operating it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Aneron

Euro Bus, Limerick. Route 307, 308.
    eurobuslimerick.com

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Cityslicker1

Would like to see some double decker buses in Limerick city..they have them in Galway and Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

there used to be double deck buses in Limerick many moons ago, back when the bus routes in the city were actually practical. they are a complete balls now.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Cityslicker1

there used to be double deck buses in Limerick many moons ago, back when the bus routes in the city were actually practical. they are a complete balls now.

I'm not familiar with the bus routes in the city..what changes do you think should be made?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

What's with Eurobus constantly changing their fleet? Every couple of weeks they change their buses. They had a Giant's Causeway shuttle bus a couple of months ago and a little white mini bus. They had a few coaches on the go for a while as well as a few ex-BÉ Wright/DAF buses and now they have that lime green bendy bus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

What's with Eurobus constantly changing their fleet? Every couple of weeks they change their buses. They had a Giant's Causeway shuttle bus a couple of months ago and a little white mini bus. They had a few coaches on the go for a while as well as a few ex-BÉ Wright/DAF buses and now they have that lime green bendy bus.

Honestly, their buses are the only ones that pass my house but I've never been on one that's been packed or became packed. My guess is that the routes are not working out too well so they're buying and selling buses like their going out of fashion to minimise the threat to the bottom line. Every new bus they buy seems to be getting older.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I think they probably just lease/rent them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

pajopearl wrote: »
    Honestly, their buses are the only ones that pass my house but I've never been on one that's been packed or became packed. My guess is that the routes are not working out too well so they're buying and selling buses like their going out of fashion to minimise the threat to the bottom line. Every new bus they buy seems to be getting older.

Or more likely they rent/lease them on a short term basis from another company and they just take whatever stock is available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

There are plans for double decker buses i heard

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

Euro bus = 1.60 to castletroy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

pajopearl wrote: »

Don't Eurobus routes have a lot of constraints on them, like they can't pick up/drop off passengers from most stops?

iguana wrote: »
    Don't Eurobus routes have a lot of constraints on them, like they can't pick up/drop off passengers from most stops?

No- they pick up/drop off at all stops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

Is there anywhere I can officially complain about the drivers of these buses? They're absolutely awful. They don't stop at crossings, they don't stop at red lights unless they really have to...if they're in a line of traffic they'll stop but if they're first in the line and a red light comes up they'll keep driving.

They pass me everyday on my walk to work and the driver this morning was the most ignorant I've seen yet. He didn't stop at the red light, kept driving through the green man, an old lady walked in front of him and her beckoned her to cross (as if he was doing her a favour), when she had crossed, me and another guy were going to cross, he nearly knocked over the other guy until he stood back and wouldn't give either of us time to cross. There was no need for his hurry as he got caught at the traffic light further down the road anyway.

This is not the first time I've seen terrible driving from these drivers.

eurobuslimerick.com isn't a proper website, is there an official depot/phone number/email address for these buses?

It's run by Dublin coach these days so I imagine they are the ones to contact

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Is there anywhere I can officially complain about the drivers of these buses? They're absolutely awful. They don't stop at crossings, they don't stop at red lights unless they really have to...if they're in a line of traffic they'll stop but if they're first in the line and a red light comes up they'll keep driving.

They pass me everyday on my walk to work and the driver this morning was the most ignorant I've seen yet. He didn't stop at the red light, kept driving through the green man, an old lady walked in front of him and her beckoned her to cross (as if he was doing her a favour), when she had crossed, me and another guy were going to cross, he nearly knocked over the other guy until he stood back and wouldn't give either of us time to cross. There was no need for his hurry as he got caught at the traffic light further down the road anyway.

eurobuslimerick.com isn't a proper website, is there an official depot/phone number/email address for these buses?

http://www.dublincoach.ie/timetables-fares/limerick-city-307-308-bus.php

info@dublincoach.ie

+353 (0)1 465 9972

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Eh if he's doing that sort of ****e it's the guards you can complain to tbh

Advertisement