Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody Worked In Banff Ski Resorts??

Options
  • 21-05-2014 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

I am moving over in September with my plan to work in the Hospitality Industry. I am soon to complete a 2 year course in Hospitality Studies.

Has anybody worked or working in any Banff resorts.?? If so what is the best way to get a job there if you are currently in Ireland? What is the pay and work like??

Are there any Job Agencies in the area that you could recommend ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Agro Head

I know lads that turned up and just starting applying direct to the hotels. You're going at the right time and should have no bother getting sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭DAVIDDOLAN

any idea of what kind of pay you get there?? Weird Question but do you know if they treat you as humans or life stock??

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Agro Head

DAVIDDOLAN wrote: »
    any idea of what kind of pay you get there?? Weird Question but do you know if they treat you as humans or life stock??

Some places put you up in shared accommodation. Could be loads of you in a house together. Would be great for social life.

Not sure about the money. Enough to get by but I doubt much more.

AFAIK some places also give you free food so you've got food and accommodation paid for.

so it depends on what job you get really i suppose. im more looking to get experience in the industry rather than just seeing it as a job which is why I asked you that question. It would be an awsome social life for sure and im sure il get a job pretty easy with the demand for workers and my qualification.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 GapYearCanada

We are based in Banff and are starting to interview for winter jobs on the mountain.
    minimum wage in Alberta is $9.95/hour

Some employers give perks like ski passes, discounts at restaurants, staff accommodation,
    others offer incentives for you to stay for a the full season.

about 50% of the population in banff is between the ages of 18-30

• Advertisement

@GapYearCanada

How can I apply for a job? Am I able to do a skype interview because I am not arriving in Calgary until mid September. Is September to late for an interview if skype interviews are not acceptable?

We set up Skype interviews in June and July so you have a start date and job secured before you leave for Canada, there are options to secure housing for the season as well
    DAVIDDOLAN wrote: »
    @GapYearCanada

How can I apply for a job? Am I able to do a skype interview because I am not arriving in Calgary until mid September. Is September to late for an interview if skype interviews are not acceptable?

Sounds good. How can I apply and how much will it cost me.

if you go to our website you can see different options; job only/ job w full season chalet, and duration of employment,
    you can PM me for email info if you can't find it

I was looking at the website and il pass. I,m not willing to spend half my money on something that I can do myself for less. Thanks anyway.

• Advertisement

ok good luck, we don't just recruit from abroad but from Canada as well. The cost of arriving early, job hunting, staying in a hostel and waiting for the season to start can far outweigh the costs of setting things up in advance. But, many poeple go that route:)

Advertisement