Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fees for Conveyancing.

Options
  • 21-05-2014 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

What are solicitors charging these days for buy n sell rates, is it the usual 1% or 1.5% of sale/buy price.

Anyone offering a fixed price like M J O'Connor used to do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

danjo-xx wrote: »
    What are solicitors charging these days for buy n sell rates, is it the usual 1% or 1.5% of sale/buy price.

Anyone offering a fixed price like M J O'Connor used to do.

We got charged €900 ex VAT when we bought and it was a fixed fee.

That obviously excluded PRA fees, searches, etc.

It was Nolan, Farrell and Geoff we used and found them good. Jo Geary was the ladies name we dealt with

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Got about 6 quotes recently and the were all between €850 and €1200 including searches ex vat. All were open to haggling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Minister

I recently used a Marie Brody in Carlow on a number of matters. She answers calls and emails!

Mega impressed....After first meeting she issued a document outlining work to be done, terms of business and costs. Only solicitor I saw do this. According to her it is proper legal policy and adherance to law society guidelines. I do feel I got professional service and value for money.

Plus she is a member of this body. http://www.step.ie/. I have a matter to take up with a bank and she appears pretty knowledgeable and comfortable with the matter. She advised me at the outset if, on balance, the matter is not worth pursuing she will advise with reasons why. I liked that.

PM for details

Advertisement