Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange MP3 behaviour

Options
  • 21-05-2014 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hey all,
    Has anybody else experienced problems with the mp3s stored on their hard drives lately. My library had always been working perfectly, every song playing as it should. I have noticed now that about 5 percent of my library has some kind of corruption issues.
    The most annoying problem is that a song can appear okay, all metadata etc checks out, but when I play the song on any media player (itunes, wmp and vlc) it stops at a certain point for each song (It could be 2 mins into it for one song and then twenty seconds for another).
    My guess is that it started as a result of an update in windows but I cannot trace any update which could have caused this.
    Also, I just did a check and a newly downloaded album contained a song with the same problem. There are also many songs which were fine before and now have lost all metadata. It is happening on both my laptop and PC (Windows 7).
    So, my question is - has anybody experienced similar behaviour and if so how did you fix it? I'd really not like to have to download my library again from torrents etc.
    Thanks,
    Con

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Is the music physically on both the PC and the laptop or are they accessing the same files. If the same files then maybe the drive they reside on is failing.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 conorkeating

hi,
    They are on different hard drives/computers. Not shared either so I can't understand what has caused it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

the windows update may have corrupted an audio driver. Check 'device manager', look to see if there's a yellow question mark under 'Sound, video'.

Advertisement