Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cure for seized motor? (Not gearbox lockup)

• 21-05-2014 10:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭

Funny one today - serviced my AUG, closed it up and tested, grand for about 30 cycles then nothing. Thought the mosfet was fried at first but upon inspection it seems the motor is completely siezed. Can't turn it by hand. This motor was cleaned a couple of thousand cycles ago too. Any ideas? There's not a whole pile online there regarding this as far as I can see...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

If it was me i just slap a new motor into it and be done.U could spend alot of time trying to fix it only for it to give up again and maybe this time when out gaming.There not built to last.Yes u can clean them to give them a bit of extra life but thats about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

brenak47 wrote: »
    If it was me i just slap a new motor into it and be done.U could spend alot of time trying to fix it only for it to give up again and maybe this time when out gaming.There not built to last.Yes u can clean them to give them a bit of extra life but thats about it.

+1 to bin it and get a new one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭Mando Commando

Your probably right lads, feck it:pac: Something nice and torque-y...

Advertisement