Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Optimus Alive Lisbon

Options
  • 21-05-2014 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

Going this year

anyone ever been

how much is it for a beer inside the arena

how close to the city centre is it walking distance? if not are taxi's expensive

also they haven't announced the 3rd headliner how close to the festival is the line up usually finalised ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭tombren

i went two years ago. it was excellent.

think beers were about €5.00 but unlike Irish Festivals they actually serve until about 4am! The ques don't tend to be too bad.

It's not very close to the city centre, you certainly wouldnt walk it but trains run all night (pretty much), so there's no hassle getting back into the centre of Lisbon.

I think they had the line up finalised quite a bit in advance the year i went, especially the big acts.

Any other stuff you need to know, just ask

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

Myself and two mates are also going. It looks handy enough to get to by public transport.
    The line up is pretty good so far, just a pity they are still finalising acts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

thanks for that 1st festival abroad really looking forward to it

not camping staying in a hotel are there separate entrances for campers & day trippers?

what beers are available inside the arena? I'm assuming Heineken because of the advertising on the website but anymore is there a bacardi bar like at the picnic?

what time do the headliners usually come on at?

any other advice?

Myself and two mates are also going. It looks handy enough to get to by public transport.
    The line up is pretty good so far, just a pity they are still finalising acts!!

agreed they just keep saying on twitter/facebook they will be announcing the 3rd act very soon.

Foo Fighters announcing European dates very soon hopefully it could be them

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭tombren

thanks for that 1st festival abroad really looking forward to it

not camping staying in a hotel are there separate entrances for campers & day trippers?

what beers are available inside the arena? I'm assuming Heineken because of the advertising on the website but anymore is there a bacardi bar like at the picnic?

what time do the headliners usually come on at?

any other advice?

We did the same, stayed in a hotel in Rossio, from there it was about a 10-minute walk to the train station

Same entrance for both as far as I recall because unlike the picnic etc the campsite is not attached to the festival grounds, it's a taxi ride away

Only beer is Heineken alright. But because they're not dealing with 50,000 drunken irish people, the security isn't as thorough as it is here so we snuck a few naggins in down our shorts etc

Headliners times vary. The year I was there Stone Roses were on the main stage on the first night at 11pm and justice came on after them at 1.30am. Second night The Cure didn't come on till about midnight and played for about 3 hours!
    Radiohead came on the last night at about 10.30

Then on the smaller stages we had people like the LCD Soundsystem lads and the kills who didn't come on until 2am.

Does get abit cold at night especially if you're gonna be there till 4am so bring a fleece or a hoody in with u even though it'll probably be scorching during the day.

Tends to be big cues at the train station for tickets so take that into account when you're heading out first and then get a multi day ticket etc

That's really all that springs to mind. It's a great festival even though when you get there you might be a bit disappointed that you appear to be in a giant car park. You'll soon get over that and have a great time. Best festival I've been to without a doubt

• Advertisement

Cheers Tom absolute gent

• Registered Users Posts: 16 johnny1916

just wondering how strict they are with patting you down for him flasks and that?
    also do they serve spirits in there

Advertisement