Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nikon D7100 v D7000

• 21-05-2014 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi
    I would appreciate some advice, I am looking at upgrading my Nikon D80. Is the Nikon D7100 worth €300.00 more over the D7000. Any thoughts
    Thanks
    Pedigree

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭audidiesel

I was wondering this myself. But took the plunge and ordered the D7100 off Amazon tonight. Its an upgrade from my old D3100.

24MP versus 16MP in the old D7000. The autofocus is improved also.

I taught it was worth it, but check out both in a camera shop if you can.
    Here's a review off a site I use a little. May help you out

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d7100.htm#compared

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

I too have cast a longing eye at the D7100, however I cant justify upgrading at the moment as my D3100 works fine.

Given the cost, I could only justify upgrading if my current camera begins to show some wear and tear.

@audidiesel. Id be interest to know how you find the jump.

@poundhound should have it delivered in about a week. ill let you know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭pedigree

Also took the plunge this week and ordered the D7100 after a lot of research.
    I believe Nikon are not supplying the D7000 anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

I recently upgraded from my D60 to the D7100. It's such a huge step-up from the D60 (and D80) and have been delighted with it so far. Definitely would recommend spending the extra now on the 7100 over the 7000.

• Advertisement

mine just arrived today. waiting on the battery to charge then im going to give it a blast. will let you know how it goes in comparison to my old d3100 :)

short version, for me definitely worth the upgrade. much more technical camera but am loving it so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

@ audidiesel

Do the shots look more impressive than those on the D3100?

Would you recommend someone holding off until their current camera (3100) starts to show their age, or is there that much of a difference in quality to justify the upgrade straight away?

well the lens choice has a lot to do with the image quality. but I do find it makes a noticeable difference. the resolution, autofocus points, iso's etc.

its not a change you need to make and it wont make average pics fantastic. But I think in my case its allows me to move up a level with them.

its a lot of money to spend. my advice is if you can live with the 3100 for the moment, then theres absolutely nothing wrong with that camera for the moment.

I bought it as a luxury upgrade. But its not an essential one.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mike.Za

Most people here are comparing the D7100 vs older cameras and not answering the question.

While the D7100 is slightly better than the D7000 (I have the later and have used the former)

IMO the D7000 is still the best value DX Body you can buy. You wont notice the difference where it matters and the price differences is too much.

Also not that there is now a backlash in the Pixel wars as DSLRs are going BACK to 16mp. Its more than enough and the D7000 frequenty outperforms my mates 7D's whenever we go for photo walks.

I bought the D7000 a few months before the D7100. So I didnt get it for as cheap as you can now.

My advice is to get the D7000 for the bargain is is now and cut your teeth on it. Save you cash and upgrade in a year or 2 to the ridiculous D610 FX camera which is basically the D7000 but FX.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I'd agree with the above.

The D7000 can produce excellent photos with the right lens and there's a miniscule difference between it and the D7100 in terms of IQ. Unless you need the extra res for cropping, get a D7000 now and the next logical step is FX.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭RickyWed

To be honest I would get d7000 actually I got one dont see why to pay more for not much difference.

Advertisement