Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meeting people abroad

• 21-05-2014 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭

Im heading to Asia this summer first bit I'm travelling with people but for Hong Kong Shenzen and Beijing in late July I'll be on my own.

What's the best way to meet similar people abroad. Would like to meet up with Irish travelers if possible

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭MyNameIsMethos

People are people. Just go about your general gist :) If you want to stick with Irish/European faces for the entire journey then, I'm sure you'll make enough connections at the beginning of your travels to see you through. If you want to completely experience where you're heading, and by some fluke haven't met decent people on the ground during your first hurrah, they'll pop up; opportunity generally always appears (and leads to more fun) =D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Stay in small hostels that host social activities everyday, you're bound to meet at the very least Westerners and possibly Irish that way.

Having said that, I have no idea what the hostel scene is like in Asia but it's very easy in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

There's a good hostel scene in China but you won't meet many Irish (I consider that an advantage). Hostels are good value, generally well run and plentiful. You'll meet a lot of Chinese who are eager to practice their English and can be a great help in getting around and planning your next move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

While in Asia I made friends with people everywhere. Get chatting to people on buses when you're heading somewhere new or in bars, hostels etc. You really won't struggle to make friends

Advertisement