Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Change for History?

Options
  • 21-05-2014 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I looked at my history stuff today and realized how much Irish history is... I haven't started studying history yet and I'm panicking now.

I'm thinking of just studying the social change chapter on my own. But I was just wondering if it's a definite question for Q6?

I won't have time to study irish history cause there's so much to learn and so many dates to know...

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's one of the worst answered questions on the paper. Possibly because many people do it to avoid other questions. What is in the books is not enough to answer most Social Change questions, which is probably another reason for the poor answers. It is very clear when correcting which students have actually carried out a social change research project/activity and which are chancing their arm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

spurious wrote: »
    It's one of the worst answered questions on the paper. Possibly because many people do it to avoid other questions. What is in the books is not enough to answer most Social Change questions, which is probably another reason for the poor answers. It is very clear when correcting which students have actually carried out a social change research project/activity and which are chancing their arm.

In other words, no don't go near that question

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

Avoid that question unless you really know your stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭airbus125

spurious wrote: »

What would be the best way to study for it or structure your answers?
    Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

airbus125 wrote: »
    What would be the best way to study for it or structure your answers?
    Thanks

Do research interviews with a number of people who have lived through the changes. It's too big an area for any of the textbooks to be able to manage it.

Some schools of course do this and their answers stand out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement