Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does excluded from 30 day money back include exchange ?

Options
  • 22-05-2014 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭

I bought a 16g USB flash drive from Argos this evening for 16.99. While paying the girl told me it was excluded from their money back guarantee. That was fine.

I got home and noticed on the Argos website that the 32g had been reduced to 18.99 so was much better value. This price drop wasn't advertised in the catalogue in-store. If it was I'd have bought it instead.

So my question is can I exchange it , im not looking for my money back so will this exclusion from the 30 day money back guarantee come into effect ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Karen23 wrote: »
    I bought a 16g USB flash drive from Argos this evening for 16.99. While paying the girl told me it was excluded from their money back guarantee. That was fine.

I got home and noticed on the Argos website that the 32g had been reduced to 18.99 so was much better value. This price drop wasn't advertised in the catalogue in-store. If it was I'd have bought it instead.

So my question is can I exchange it , im not looking for my money back so will this exclusion from the 30 day money back guarantee come into effect ?

The Law gives customers rights for Refund/Repair/Replacement in the event of a fault.

Argus give customers the right for a "change of mind" refund/exchange, but they exclude certain products from this, and as the store assistant pointed out to you, the product you purchased is one of them.

If it is unopened with no marks on the packaging, they MIGHT be nice and you are buying a number of items, which will be of greater value, you might get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Thanks, they changed it because it hadn't been opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 daisy boo boo

Karen23 wrote: »

i work in argos yes u can go back and change it if u do not leave it too long and as long as its for another flash drive..exchange means for something different so u cannot do that..

Advertisement