Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play therapy courses.

Options
  • 22-05-2014 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everyone.
    I'm a primary school teacher, interested in doing a course on play therapy. I'm just wondering what the best course to do is, in terms of being recognised as a play therapist after completing a graduate diploma. I'm wondering is it necessary to train as a psychotherapist also? One course I'm looking at includes this training, while the other one doesn't, therefore it's quite confusing! I'd appreciate any feedback or knowledge you may have. I'd like to know are there any recognised bodies for accreditation of play therapists also. Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Redo22

greengenie wrote: »
    Hi everyone.
    I'm a primary school teacher, interested in doing a course on play therapy. I'm just wondering what the best course to do is, in terms of being recognised as a play therapist after completing a graduate diploma. I'm wondering is it necessary to train as a psychotherapist also? One course I'm looking at includes this training, while the other one doesn't, therefore it's quite confusing! I'd appreciate any feedback or knowledge you may have. I'd like to know are there any recognised bodies for accreditation of play therapists also. Thanks for your help.

Did you find any info on this course?

Advertisement