Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it worth buying an iPad in America?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Migworks

kaji wrote: »
    I'm gonna bite the bullet and order the iPad Air now from Groupon! My wallet is gonna be sore after this week :/

Good luck! Think its up to 7 days delivery. Can't go wrong with groupon.

Now if I can only raise the funds in time!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

My mother got a 32GB air whilst she was over.

It's a great tablet, very sturdy in the hand.

I have a Nexus 7 and just prefer Android in general but if you're after an iPad then the air is the one to get!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Zcott wrote: »
    Savings on Macs are even better, so if anyone is going to the states soon and wants to pick me up a retina MacBook Pro...

Yea this is what I'm doing when going to flordia in June, I'm buying a refurbishied Mac Pro or air not sure which one yet tho getting it shipped to the locale store for even bigger sayings just can't deceive between pro and air with the upgraded ram etc as I had a 2010 bought from new sold it last week so it's costing me €50-€100 to upgrade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

fox007 wrote: »
    Yea this is what I'm doing when going to flordia in June, I'm buying a refurbishied Mac Pro or air not sure which one yet tho getting it shipped to the locale store for even bigger sayings just can't deceive between pro and air with the upgraded ram etc as I had a 2010 bought from new sold it last week so it's costing me €50-€100 to upgrade

I'd probably go for the Pro. Air's big selling point is portability, and if you're travelling it's a great machine. However, if you're just using it as a desktop replacement, go for the Pro. And pick me one up while you're there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I bought a refurbed 13" Air last year - I was worried about the small screen size, but I've actually found it very usable for several hours at a time. I can't remember now why I didn't for the MBP, but I've found the Air absolutely brilliant. Performance is good; I don't have any intense graphic apps on the go, but would have a couple of VMs running.

Anyway, check out what refurb deals are available online about a week before you fly out. If you get the timing right, you can get it shipped to a store near where you're staying and pick it up from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭boreder

fox007 wrote: »

You need an American credit card to buy from the US online store – even if you plan to pick it up from a retail store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

You need to enter an American billing address alright. My hotel address worked fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭tech

ipad mini for €250 or ipad 2 for 278 on apple refurb store

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

For anyone deciding between the iPad Air or the mini retina, the colour gamut issue with the mini retina turned me off getting it. I actually compared them both side by side and the colours are much more accurate on the Air. It's a damn pity because the Mini retina would've been much more portable for myself but I'm not spending that amount of cash on an inferior screen, sorry Apple. I went for the 32GB Air which I got brand new in box for €470.00 shipped so can't complain really. It just sucks about the gamut issue on the retina mini.

Advertisement