Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

viking triangle - slaves wanted!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

INTREO will exploit them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Oh here's a lovely one... here

They want an Intern to get their entire digital marketing operation up and running. And I'm sure you'll be mentored by someone who knows all about digital marketing too, but just doesn't have enough capacity to do it themselves........ :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

Viking Triangle Trust Company Limited was set up on Thu the 12th of Apr 2012 in Waterford. Their current status is Normal. The company has 7 directors who have also been the director of 44 other Irish companies between them, they also employ a CEO who I'm sure is on a lot more than € an hr...

http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Viking-Triangle-Trust-Company-Limited-511847

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Hoffmans wrote: »
    We've come full circle from the 800s when the vikings took natives off for slavery among other faiths if they were lucky..
    http://www.historyireland.com/medieval-history-pre-1500/the-viking-slave-trade-entrepreneurs-or-heathen-slavers/

Now adays we have groups of cute hoors dreaming up ways to make sure theres more swill left in the trough for them to gorge on and less for their "employees"

So question is there any trades men out there willing to work for a € an hour?
    http://jobseeker.fas.ie / Waterford / CE scheme / plasterers painters carpenters wanted!

I don't think you can compare people working on CE schemes to slaves.

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    I don't think you can compare people working on CE schemes to slaves.

They are 30 € worse off a week than jobridgers , what should you call them?
    Middle income workers?

Painters carpenters and plasterers are trade jobs the remuneration should reflect that rather than trying to pimp out cheap labour...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Middle income workers?

Painters carpenters and plasterers are trade jobs the remuneration should reflect that rather than trying to pimp out cheap labour...

They are not forced to go on those schemes.

And besides maybe some people will take them up for want of experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bringthethunder

Middle income workers?

They get less than Job bridge people but they also work less hours (19.5 compared to 40 on job bridge). They also receive funding from social welfare to pay for additional training if they choose, where as job bridge people don't. If on a CE scheme child care costs are paid for where as on a job bridge scheme there not. So overall there not worse off in fact there better off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

We've come full circle from the 800s when the vikings took natives off for slavery among other faiths if they were lucky..
    http://www.historyireland.com/medieval-history-pre-1500/the-viking-slave-trade-entrepreneurs-or-heathen-slavers/

Now adays we have groups of cute hoors dreaming up ways to make sure theres more swill left in the trough for them to gorge on and less for their "employees"

So question is there any trades men out there willing to work for a € an hour?
    http://jobseeker.fas.ie / Waterford / CE scheme / plasterers painters carpenters wanted!

They do this every year, must be time for a new batch of cheap labour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

I took a completely unpaid internship for about 3months, while working 2 part time jobs and finally got a full time job - In a different company yes but the experience I got from the internship was invaluable and was a key player in me securing my new role.

You do what you've gotta do, suck it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

They get less than Job bridge people but they also work less hours (19.5 compared to 40 on job bridge). They also receive funding from social welfare to pay for additional training if they choose, where as job bridge people don't. If on a CE scheme child care costs are paid for where as on a job bridge scheme there not. So overall there not worse off in fact there better off.

I totally agree. I'm on a CE scheme and have two children under 3. I am better off financially doing this than I would be working 40hrs a week in my chosen profession. People need to learn the facts before they start knocking something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

worked on a CE scheme in the VT for over a year, thought it was very good and got a job somewhere else out of it. its not all doom and gloom

Some peeps are missing or ignoring the point ,
    Tradesmen are already qualifyed they have done their apprenticeship training ,thus is nothing more than a cynical attempt to dicky up the old end of town on the backs of cheap workers...
    And be aware intreo are trying to force people on these schemes to massage the unemployment stats....

Some peeps are missing or ignoring the point ,
    Tradesmen are already qualifyed they have done their apprenticeship training ,thus is nothing more than a cynical attempt to dicky up the old end of town on the backs of cheap workers...
    And be aware intreo are trying to force people on these schemes to massage the unemployment stats....

I was and am fully qualified as well when i was on a scheme. Agree with this does help take people of the live register which looks good for the govt so they can say there are less people on the register in Waterford (mainly due to emigration and these schemes). as for cheap workers, if it wasnt for yes that cheaper than normal labour, it wouldnt be happening at all. the council couldnt afford to do up these places in the VT, some are happy like myself to be getting off my ar$e and helping the city as a whole, not one person on those schemes thinks that this is a runner long term so as i said, its not all doom and gloom.

you can see the last few comments, some people think its great for them, obviously you cant ignore the ads for stuff like apprentice shelf stacker in a big supermarket and a few other unscrupulous companies. Giving out about an in general good project just seems like looking for something to whine about

Max Powers wrote: »
    I was and am fully qualified as well when i was on a scheme. Agree with this does help take people of the live register which looks good for the govt so they can say there are less people on the register in Waterford (mainly due to emigration and these schemes). as for cheap workers, if it wasnt for yes that cheaper than normal labour, it wouldnt be happening at all. the council couldnt afford to do up these places in the VT, some are happy like myself to be getting off my ar$e and helping the city as a whole, not one person on those schemes thinks that this is a runner long term so as i said, its not all doom and gloom.

you can see the last few comments, some people think its great for them, obviously you cant ignore the ads for stuff like apprentice shelf stacker in a big supermarket and a few other unscrupulous companies. Giving out about an in general good project just seems like looking for something to whine about
    They have plenty of
    Money to splash around just loo k at some of the crazy projects that 100s of thousands were pumped into...
    Again tradespeople should be offered proper jobs not scheming schemes with overpaid octojobbing prickz bossing them around for a € an hr

Max Powers wrote: »

They have plenty of
    Money to splash around just loo k at some of the crazy projects that 100s of thousands were pumped into...
    Again tradespeople should be offered proper jobs not scheming schemes with overpaid octojobbing prickz bossing them around for a € an hr

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Shall we start another thread about those idle dole scroungers who should be forced to work for their dole? Sure there must be loads of jobs out there that they could do, like, er, looking after old people... and ...er... well, looking after old people.

that post would surely get you on the viking triangle ltd trust board as one of their consultant w@nkers looking down on the working set!

believe it or not there is a relationship between this and the viking triangle!

They have plenty of
    Money to splash around
    ¬ an hr

your misguided if you think that, no doubt basing it on some tiny issue in the grand scheme of things or annecdotal evidence. not one council in the country has money to splash around, all their budgets have been reduced in last few years. those CE schemes in the VT are doing good work that benefits the whole city, that simply wouldnt be happening otherwise, im sure there are plenty of other rubbish schemes around but for eg, the doing up of the building on corner of greyfriars would have cost millions if being done privately for full whack, millions the council dont have to spare. its a pity some people cant get their full wages for full time work but working on a project which wouldnt happen otherwise, 19hours a week and getting the opportunity to increase your chances of getting a 'real' job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

that post would surely get you on the viking triangle ltd trust board as one of their consultant w@nkers looking down on the working set!

believe it or not there is a relationship between this and the viking triangle!

That's a fair chip you have there lad

a chip more like a french fry
    how long is there a trench in the road outside revolution recking car suspensions at least 4 years yet they can put obstacles on the quay off the viking triangle trying to encourage traffic to head over the toll bridge with the tailbacks ...

this makes some shocking reading all the same on how money is squandered

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Omelettes and eggs...
    I would much rather a progressive thinker running a place than a bean counter. We have an example of the former at the head of the City County at the moment.
    We had a sublime example of the latter, a bean counter through the eighties running it, we had a lovely clean set of books then with a filthy City with nothing new and innovative being tried .
    My point being if you are going to be innovative and try things some will work some won't, so there will be cock ups, and money will be lost,but the alternative is stagnation at best.

Doing a Brian lenihan on kingfisher was a grave mistake guaranteeing €3,500000 in debts has put the balance sheet in severe jeporady....
    We could have built a lot of social housing for that figure...

Doing a Brian lenihan on kingfisher was a grave mistake guaranteeing €3,500000 in debts has put the balance sheet in severe jeporady....
    We could have built a lot of social housing for that figure...

Advertisement