Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 14), May 23-25, 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Big derby vs the hoops behind enemy lines. While I usually love this fixture, our form has been abysmal. I hope we bring a good support to Tallaght and get the lads up for it from the off. Would be happy with a draw or maybe another 4-0

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Could be a messy one tbh, wouldn't be surprised to see them beat us by 3 or 4.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Should batter Bohs on paper but most home games we've been expected to win this season, we've choked up so anything could happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Not even a Rovers B team put out against Pats on tuesday so I expect Croly had his eye on Bohs and Cork on monday.

These games are always a coin toss for who wins. I 'd take a wild guess at a low scoring win for Rovers, but could be anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Looking forward to my trip to the seaside tomorrow. Hoping for a win obviously but Matthews seems to have Bray playing some good stuff, so a draw wouldnt be the worst. Bray played really well when they played at the Cross earlier in the season, and the 3-1 scoreline flattered us a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Absolutely bricking tomorrow. Always am for derby games. Whatever optimism I used to have going into these games has been absolutely drained from the shíte we've served up these last few weeks.

This could be an absolute hammering for Bohs and I fear the worst....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

The Rovers B - Wexford match was changed to a 2.00pm kickoff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Dylan Connolly out again for us due to international duty :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

We really need a win v Drogs, and hopefully they will be deflated after their midweek beating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Dylan Connolly out again for us due to international duty :(
    some one said on our forum you could have moved the match but didnt want to play on monday. (would have allowed me to go too!)

we have may have all our strikers for this too with McHugh expected to be fit for the bench, so we should at least have some teeth in this game after having none fit for the tolka game! I know we are only 3pts of second in second last but we badly need to start winning games against the other challengers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I can't believe Padraig Sutton gets to ref another derby game after his disgraceful performance in the same fixture earlier in the season. Madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

That_Guy wrote: »
    I can't believe Padraig Sutton gets to ref another derby game after his disgraceful performance in the same fixture earlier in the season. Madness.

Even worse is the fact that Ben Connolly has been entrusted with a bag of spare footballs as 4th official at the Dundalk V Sligo match following his performance at Ferrycarrig Park last week

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

First game in ages. Can't wait to head to Lissywoolen for the first time.
    Could very well be Athlone's first win.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Ebbs wrote: »
    These games are always a coin toss for who wins. I 'd take a wild guess at a low scoring win for Rovers, but could be anything.

Have to agree, sensible money to be on a low scoring scrappy game - a draw in my opinion...1-1. Bohs are a more difficult prospect away from home anyway so it should suit them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Tricky one at Bray.

Would take a draw. Have a feeling there will be a winner in this and by 2, maybe 3 goals. Hard to know to who.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Operation Revenge, this evening in Oriel Park. They edged past us in the Setanta Cup final but we've won the last three league meetings against them and given we have home advantage I'm hoping we can sneak a win and put a huge dent in their title dreams.

If we win we're 13 points clear of them so they are under a bit of pressure to get a result. In fairness to them they are in flying form with just a league cup defeat in their last ten games but we're in decent form as well so should be a cracker in front of what should be a crowd approaching 3000. 2-1 Dundalk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

That Dundalk v Sligo game would be a model to be on the box, most of Dundalk's televised games have been very watchable, in particular when they dismantled Pat's in Inchicore a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭DaveyCakes

Pighead wrote: »
    Operation Revenge, this evening in Oriel Park. They edged past us in the Setanta Cup final but we've won the last three league meetings against them and given we have home advantage I'm hoping we can sneak a win and put a huge dent in their title dreams.

If we win we're 13 points clear of them so they are under a bit of pressure to get a result. In fairness to them they are in flying form with just a league cup defeat in their last ten games but we're in decent form as well so should be a cracker in front of what should be a crowd approaching 3000. 2-1 Dundalk.

Eleven

DaveyCakes wrote: »
    Eleven
    Nice one DaveyCakes. You just made an absolute show out of Pighead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭shefellover93

If you haven't a game tonight or are abroad and want to keep up we'll be doing live radio commentary of Cork City v Bray Wanderers. Last year was a cracker (You might hear it in the promo) but hopefully this one won't be as tough on the heart! :D Coverage starting at half 7 :)

Rebel Radio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

We can only hope :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Great to see the President at Tallaght stadium tonight! (Via Dan McDonnell Twitter)

BoV2BygIEAIjPZc.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Buzzing tonight. Bohs may be in poor fettle but it'll be a cold day in he'll before they give us an easy game. I'd predict a low scoring game, with Rovers just edging it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Roy Keane is in Carlisle Grounds apparently. Scully and Dennehy sent off, nobody really knows why from what I heard.

Possibly Dundalk's best first half of the season. Absolutely dominated proceedings bar a five minute spell for Sligo. Should be 3-0 up. Hoban, Shields and Horgan playing really well. Team is playing with so much confidence right now.

Ref making a show of himself by booking Towell for kicking ball away after the whistle before refusing to book Sligo player for doing the exact same two minutes later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Like I expected - tight and nervous - only more so. Our two centre backs look very dodgy, nearly gifted them a few goals. A couple of half chances for us but bohs have had the better half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Pighead wrote: »
    Possibly Dundalk's best first half of the season. Absolutely dominated proceedings bar a five minute spell for Sligo. Should be 3-0 up. Hoban, Shields and Horgan playing really well. Team is playing with so much confidence right now.

Ref making a show of himself by booking Towell for kicking ball away after the whistle before refusing to book Sligo player for doing the exact same two minutes later.
    North.Was All he done
    :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

2 down :(:(. We've been caught on the break so often this season.

If I was one to bet against the teams I support, I'd be a rich man. Dreadful first half but we should have been ahead had Samir not missed an open goal towards the end. Athlone deserved it in the second. Lost a lot of respect for Rusk though after his dive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Athlone won! Fair play.

Good win in Bray tonight. 2 good away wins now, especially how Limerick turned Pats over tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

9 points from 9. After 2 defeats.

Can't complain.

Deserved the win tonight, finally a win on the board. hopefully we can give a few more performances like that so we dont disgrace ourselves too much :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭legendary.xix

Good and much needed win for Limerick. They haven't been far away from picking up more points recently. They'll be hopeful to push into the midtable region. Sligo are now 11 points adrift of Dundalk and a bit off the top 4 as well. Cork are rolling on, been a while since they've been near the top, not since before their resurrection.

Wow! We are a seriously good team right now. Confidence flowing throughout the whole team. We made Sligo look rubbish this evening. Zero shots on target for them.

Chris Shields is a colossus. His improvement over the past two seasons has been spectacular. I'm hereby starting the 'Shields for Ireland' calls right here right now. Stop laughing. I'm not even joking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

So best of luck future LOI champions, we clearly not it.

.................annoyed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Padraig Sutton with yet another disgraceful display on the pitch in Tallaght.. Not fit to referee at this level in my opinion.

while i think we are marked men 5 red cards in 12 games is ****e discipline no matter what, Mailey off in both shels games, he must hate them! Apparently we looked dead and buried until McHugh came on, great to have him back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

overshoot wrote: »
    while i think we are marked men 5 red cards in 12 games is ****e discipline no matter what, Mailey off in both shels games, he must hate them! Apparently we looked dead and buried until McHugh came on, great to have him back!

We were terrible.

Malley should see a serious ban for that challenge. Taking dangerous to a new level.

Didnt deserve to score a goal and Limerick scored 2.

Easiest night ever for Ryan....

POTY and 2POTY cant make the team because Fahey has to start......uhhh we fcuked.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Didnt deserve to score a goal and Limerick scored 2.

Easiest night ever for Ryan....

POTY and 2POTY cant make the team because Fahey has to start......uhhh we fcuked.

Fahey really not playing well?

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Fahey really not playing well?

You say that like he actually played well!?

1.play super football
    2.win ****
    3.crowds increase.
    4.sign fahey
    5.crowds decrease.
    6.ummmmm

Think we feeling the effect off an owner and his preference.....

CSF wrote: »
    We were terrible.

Malley should see a serious ban for that challenge. Taking dangerous to a new level.
    few on the forum saying harsh, few saying it was so allowing for allegiances il say somewhere inbewteen. :pac: ones looking for a red for a tackle on coll too.
    first home game missed, damn sucky exam :(

overshoot wrote: »
    few on the forum saying harsh, few saying it was so allowing for allegiances il say somewhere inbewteen. :pac: ones looking for a red for a tackle on coll too.
    first home game missed, damn sucky exam :(

High foot to the face, full blooded tackle. It was disgusting and literally about 2 foot in front of me. If the FAI had footage to go on Malley would get a proper ban.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

big winners of the weekend...Limerick and Cork

big losers of the weekend...Sligo and UCD

Raf32 wrote: »
    Deserved the win tonight, finally a win on the board. hopefully we can give a few more performances like that so we dont disgrace ourselves too much :pac:
    Funny that your first came from a corner down the other end which was never in a million years a corner. Had the linesman given ye a goal kick, ye wouldn't have broken down field and scored :pac:
    Really awful performance from us. Samir Belhout was lost on his own up front. Really need a win against Bray next week. Also really need Clarke and Ben Mohammed back too.

Funny that your first came from a corner down the other end which was never in a million years a corner. Had the linesman given ye a goal kick, ye wouldn't have broken down field and scored :pac:
    Really awful performance from us. Samir Belhout was lost on his own up front. Really need a win against Bray next week. Also really need Clarke and Ben Mohammed back too.

I was saying that to one the boys actually, we needed to get some luck after the season we are having. Think the strong wind kind of spoiled the game but seemed to die down in the second half. Belhout looked decent anytime yee got numbers up to support him. Got some player there in Benson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

I'd have scored against them lot last night. Shocking from Rovers. Bohs should have nicked it. Rovers played like it was a training session. Team seems to have no ideas when lesser opposition puts bodies behind the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭legendary.xix

dfx- wrote: »
    big winners of the weekend...Limerick and Cork

big losers of the weekend...Sligo and UCD

Agreed.

The first division is split in 3 groups - Shels at the top, Cobh at the bottom and then the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Agreed.

The first division is split in 3 groups - Shels at the top, Cobh at the bottom and then the rest.

I'd say two groups, Cobh at the bottom and the rest of the division.
    It's not like Shels are out of sight at the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

dan1895 wrote: »
    I'd say two groups, Cobh at the bottom and the rest of the division.
    It's not like Shels are out of sight at the top.

Yeah, if Longford and Wexford win their two games in hand they're only 2 and 3 points behind..

• Advertisement
Advertisement