Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 14), May 23-25, 2014

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Yeah, if Longford and Wexford win their two games in hand they're only 2 and 3 points behind..

One of them are against each other though so hopefully a draw. Or a Wexford win.

We're no where near as good as people think to be honest. Some very lucky wins this season, we'll be reeled in soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭legendary.xix

Is there any plans by the FAI to expand the first division? 8 first teams took part in the A Championship over it's 4 year existence. To go from there to the current state of less than 8 first teams in the first division is a drastic decline. I've gone to games at that level. The division was ultra competitive a few years back when Cork and Derry were performing their resurrections! I wouldn't want to go down the road of magic-ing up clubs now or anything like. 2 more B teams and 2 first teams making a transition to the first division are the least required to bring it to a more vibrant level.

Anyways... back on topic. The current top 3 is what I would have expected at the start. Galway seem to be taking up the baton from Mervue's fine season. Longford have made a recovery of late and will expect to remain in the play-off positions at the very least.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Interesting Derby last night. Rovers dominated for large periods, but created very little, can only remember Deleney making one save of note. We had 3 great chances to score but fluffed them, Beattie's miss was disgraceful. Happy with the point, but can't herlp but be annoyed we didn't get a win.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Also, well done Athlone!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

CSF wrote: »
    High foot to the face, full blooded tackle. It was disgusting and literally about 2 foot in front of me. If the FAI had footage to go on Malley would get a proper ban.
    Mailey
    so anyway, what were ur lads singing last night? i hear a few lads banned from tolka made the trip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

overshoot wrote: »
    Mailey
    so anyway, what were ur lads singing last night? i hear a few lads banned from tolka made the trip

You heard wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Comfortable 2-0 win for the Youths at Tallaght today. We were very composed on the ball without having the finishing edge. Rovers were very poor to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Rovers B today was probably the worst performance I'll see all year, really really poor. Youths were composed about it and fully worth the 3 points. Great performances all around, particularly Shane Dunne. Won so much possession that Rovers should have kept comfortably.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Wexford were very comfortable after they scored, Rovers looked worriedly mentally beaten and no changes from Hawkins though Confrey was very very poor.

Wexford were good in the first 10 minutes before Rovers pushed up and out and got back into the game until the goal. Between the 10 minutes and the penalty, neither goal was tested. What I did find remarkable was how many Wexford players were upfront. There were 4/5/6 forward at times including for the second goal, there was a 4-3-3 and a 4-2-4 too, practically man-for-man at the back. Rovers needed to take Confrey off and put in another midfielder or go 5 at the back.

Also Rovers' keeper refusing to kick the ball long meant getting trapped deep.

• Advertisement

dfx- wrote: »
    What I did find remarkable was how many Wexford players were upfront. There were 4/5/6 forward at times including for the second goal, there was a 4-3-3 and a 4-2-4 too, practically man-for-man at the back. .

There wasnt much need for us to keep many people back, Rovers were so poor. However, we would not be used to attacking in big numbers and made a few poor choices in the last quarter of the field. Some team is going to whoop that Rovers side big time without some changes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Rovers have been more than decent in the 2 games against us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Fahey really not playing well?

He's been through The Mill a fair bit, I suppose.

Rovers have been more than decent in the 2 games against us.

I suppose with Rovers A playing Cork tonight, they didn't field any of that squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

anncoates wrote: »
    He's been through The Mill a fair bit, I suppose.

:D:D:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

oldyouth wrote: »
    I suppose with Rovers A playing Cork tonight, they didn't field any of that squad

Rovers have managed well enough without them. There's only two games I know of that Rovers have played players from the first team squad - Galway and Shels at home.

Galway were a much better side two weeks ago than Wexford tbh.

• Advertisement

Galway are the strongest 1st Division side I have seen this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Galway are the strongest 1st Division side I have seen this year
    Ahem ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Stuey Byrne criticising Sligo Rovers for not defending as well as Atletico Madrid. He has it arseways. Should be praising Dundalk for attacking better than Real Madrid.

Ahem ;)

Well, Ive seen Shels twice this season and will see Galway for the 2nd time tonight, perhaps I will comment again tomorrow. However, I really thought they stood out from the others earlier this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

There wasnt much need for us to keep many people back, Rovers were so poor. However, we would not be used to attacking in big numbers and made a few poor choices in the last quarter of the field. Some team is going to whoop that Rovers side big time without some changes

This was very accurate and so soon after aswell. Longford 6 Rovers B 0.

• Advertisement

Told ya last week :P I must do the Lotto tonight

Ahem ;)

Cough! :D

Advertisement