Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiler in Cork City

Options
  • 22-05-2014 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi everyone, I stupidly left a steam cleaner in the same spot for 2 long and it has ruined 2 dark tiles in my kitchen. I have spare tiles left over from when it was done but I know most tillers wouldn't waste their time coming out to fit just 2 tiles. Does anyone know of anyone I could contact who would do a small tile job like this.

Thanks

Nicki

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Nicki6000 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I stupidly left a steam cleaner in the same spot for 2 long and it has ruined 2 dark tiles in my kitchen. I have spare tiles left over from when it was done but I know most tillers wouldn't waste their time coming out to fit just 2 tiles. Does anyone know of anyone I could contact who would do a small tile job like this.

Thanks

Nicki

Going too be VERY hard too remove just 2 tiles and fit replacements!! VERY!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Nicki6000

Oh no really? :( What would you suggest I do? Its driving me mad.

Nicki6000 wrote: »
    Oh no really? :( What would you suggest I do? Its driving me mad.

Well itll drive ya madder haven 2 tiles different depths too the others and with them all not been laid together theres a greater chance of the new ones moving and coming loose and hence cracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Going too be VERY hard too remove just 2 tiles and fit replacements!! VERY!

Mini-angle grinder with a diamond disc. Cut the grout around the tiles and take down the underlying adhesive, gently, with a cold-chisel. It's doable alright, with the proper tools and patience.

jimgoose wrote: »
    Mini-angle grinder with a diamond disc. Cut the grout around the tiles and take down the underlying adhesive, gently, with a cold-chisel. It's doable alright, with the proper tools and patience.

But trying too set 2 new tiles won't be easy and your nearly certain they will move and crack eventually! Also the new grouth will be a different colour too the old stuff drawing attention too those 2 tiles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

MrMac84 wrote: »
    But trying too set 2 new tiles won't be easy and your nearly certain they will move and crack eventually! Also the new grouth will be a different colour too the old stuff drawing attention too those 2 tiles

Oh I know that - but short of re-doing the entire area it is possible to make a some way decent job of it, at least. As long as you're not turning artics on top of them they should stay where they're put for a while.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 433 ✭✭lolosaur

have you tried using a marker?

Hope this helps.

Advertisement