If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 4k TV Please

Options
  • 22-05-2014 9:13am
    Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I am looking for a new 4k 3D TV please. Looking for a 55inch screen and it also needs to have the 4K Netflix app. Was thinking of Samsung models that have the ability to upgrade certain modules to keep them up to date. All advice greatly appreciated. 

Many thanks,
    TCP/IP

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Hi All,

I am looking for a new 4k 3D TV please. Looking for a 55inch screen and it also needs to have the 4K Netflix app. Was thinking of Samsung models that have the ability to upgrade certain modules to keep them up to date. All advice greatly appreciated. 

Many thanks,
    TCP/IP
    TCP,

thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you - the new Samsung 4K are really competitive price wise starting with the UE55HU6900 at just £1499 / €1899.99 - this model is a world cup special and is due in shortly it doesnt have the evolution slot and its only a 200Hz motion processing which is generally OK but if you are going this far you may want to consider an alternative, anyway here is the link:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue55hu6900/sams-ue55hu6900

The next up is the UE55HU7500 which steps the motion processing right up to 1000Hz it's also 3D and has a Freesat HD receiver built in as standard - it is more expensive at £2299.95 / €2699.99, again have a look here:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue55hu7500/sams-ue55hu7500

If you wanted to look at Panasonic as an alternative then the 58AX802 is a real stunner and its outstanding value at £2799 / €3299.99 and there is a £200 cashback claim from Panasonic on top of this... again it has a Freesat HD Tuner built in, its THX approved, it has a really excellent feature count and great app - its outstanding ...have a look at the spec here:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-tx58ax802b/pana-tx58ax802b

Keep us posted if any of these are interesting or of course if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Thanks for the replies John the first Samsung does not have expansion or 3D so that's out the door. I have never looked at that Panasonic before so will check it out. Does it have the 4k Netflix app do you know. 

What's your thoughts on the Samsung 9000 range and also the new LG models look great with the webOS, what are they like.

Thx a mill

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies John the first Samsung does not have expansion or 3D so that's out the door. I have never looked at that Panasonic before so will check it out. Does it have the 4k Netflix app do you know. 

What's your thoughts on the Samsung 9000 range and also the new LG models look great with the webOS, what are they like.

Thx a mill
    No problem on the 40HU6900 - I agree, the spec is a little stripped down, but to be fair, £999 for a 4K TV ( and it looks pretty good picture wise) is a really strategic price point and Sammy are the first ones brave enough to go there!

The AX802 will support Netflix 4K (i'm not sure its online straight away, but Pana have confirmed that they will carry Netflix 4K with their 2014 range) - I've seen the 58AX802 in action and its a complete stunner - one of the finest TV's I've ever seen in action.

I've seen the 2013/4 LG 4K TV's and they are excellent but I havent see the new UB series yet - we do have the 55UB850 available at £1949.95 / €2429.99 - I'm told that the PQ is fantastic on the LG as well and their webOS looks great ( no idea why someone hasnt thought of working this way before)...

These are all available from stock and we would do free delivery on any of teh above TV's at the moment..

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

JohnMc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.