Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage applications from non-NI residents

Options
  • 22-05-2014 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi.

After speaking to a mortgage broker in Scotland, they informed me that I would not be able to get a mortgage, or more specifically, a Buy to Let mortgage in NI, because I am not a resident (currently live in Scotland) and most lenders will only provide a Buy to Let mortgage if you are already a home owner.

My financial situation is that I have just sold my home in Scotland, I am renting and have anywhere between 30-45% deposit ready. Is what I have been advised actually the case? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi PeteInScotland, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to Boards.ie

We would advise contacting one of our UK Mortgage Consultants who will be happy to help answer any queries your have on Bank of Ireland Mortgages. The team can be reached on 0800 1690 082. 

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement